[双语]中国寓言故事:自相矛盾
教程:中国寓言故事  浏览:829  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    寓言故事是很多老师都推荐的课外读物,在读英语寓言故事的时候不仅能够提升自己的英语成绩,还能让自己充实中外见闻,不愧是英语学习的绝佳推荐。下面是小编整理的关于中国寓言故事:自相矛盾的资料,希望这篇寓言故事你会喜欢!

    In ancient times, there was a man who sold spears as well as shields.

    古时候,有一个人,他既卖矛又卖盾。

    One day, he hawked his wares at the market and was very pleased with himself.

    一天,他在集市上叫卖,非常得意。

    He held up a shield and said: "My shield is very strong.

    他举起他的盾说:“我的盾非常坚固。

    No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce my shield."

    无论怎样好的矛,都戳不穿它!”

    After that, he held up his spear and bragged: "My spear is very sharp.

    说完,他又举起他的矛夸口说:“我的矛非常锋利。

    No matter how strong a shield is, my spear can pierce it.

    无论怎样坚固的盾都能戳进去!”

    When the people standing by heard this, they laughed up their sleeves.

    站在旁边的人听了,都暗暗地发笑。

    One of them asked him: "According to what you said, your spear is the sharpest.

    有人问他:“照你这样说,你的矛是最锋利的。

    No matter how strong a shield is, your spear can pierce it.

    无论怎样硬的盾都戳得进去。

    Your shield is also the strongest.

    你的盾又是最坚固的。

    No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce your shield.

    无论怎样锋利的矛,也别想戳进去。

    Now, if I poke your shield with your spear, what will be the result?"

    那么,现在我用你的矛来戳你的盾,看看结果会怎样呢?”

    The man was so embarrassed that he could not utter a single word.

    那个人窘得连一句话也答不上来。

    0/0
      上一篇:[双语]中国寓言故事:相辅相成 下一篇:[双语]中国寓言故事:掩耳盗铃

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程