美国语文第五册 第150期:鹌鹑(03)
教程:​美国语文第五册  浏览:373  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    I never yet heard of the parental tenderness of a trout, eating up his little baby,

    我未曾听说有似水柔情的鳟鱼父母,它们能吃光自己的宝贝;

    nor of the filial gratitude of a spider, nipping the life out of his gray-headed father, and usurping his web.

    亦未曾听说有孝顺感恩的蜘蛛,那些能咬死垂老的父母,从而占据它们的窝。那么,天性,这个词究竟显示什么?

    But if you would see the purest, the sincerest, the most affecting piety of a parent's love,

    但是,如果你觉察到父母对子女纯粹真挚及感人至深的眷爱,

    startle a young family of quails, and watch the conduct of the mother.

    势必惊讶于鹌鹑的幼小家庭,不妨看看鹌鹑母亲的所作所为吧。

    She will not leave you. No, not she.

    她不会丢下子女逃之夭夭,决不!

    But she will fall at your feet, uttering a noise which none but a distressed mother can make,

    她会假装落到人们脚边,发出母亲的唯一痛苦声音。

    and she will run, and flutter, and seem to try to be caught, and cheat your outstretched hand,

    她同时奔跑,一边拍动双翼,似乎即将被人捉住。她会欺骗你张开手掌,

    and affect to be wing-broken and wounded, and yet have just strength to tumble along,

    假装它的翅膀断了或受伤,甚至费劲地一路翻滚,

    until she has drawn you, fatigued, a safe distance from her threatened children and the young hopes of her heart;

    直到把你折磨得筋疲力尽,将你从她受到生命威胁的孩子处成功引开,这才是她的希望所在。

    and then will she mount, whirring with glad strength, and away through the maze of trees you have not seen before,

    然后,她最终就呼啦啦快乐地飞走,飞进那些你不曾知晓的树林深处,飞去她潜藏孩子的地方,

    like a close-shot bullet, fly to her skulking infants,

    像近距离射出的子弹,倏尔不知所终。

    Listen now. Do you hear those three half-plaintive notes, quickly and clearly poured out?

    听!你听见那三声近乎悲痛哀伤、急速清晰的倾诉心声吗?

    She is calling the boys and girls together.

    她在呼唤她的儿女聚拢一起。

    0/0
      上一篇:美国语文第五册 第149期:鹌鹑(02) 下一篇:美国语文第五册 第151期:鹌鹑(04)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)