英语美文朗读 第253期 每个人的内心都有个孩子
教程:英语美文朗读  浏览:709  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    I was about to shave this morning

    今天早上,我正准备刮胡子的时候

    when I caught my reflection in the mirror.

    忽然注意到镜子里自己的影像

    There was no doubt about it.

    再也没有任何疑问

    My body was growing older.

    我的身体在慢慢变老

    My formerly thick hair

    从前浓密的头发

    which used to be brown with a touch of gray

    曾经是棕色,其中掺杂着一点灰色

    was now gray with a touch of brown.

    如今已经全然灰白,只剩下一点棕色

    It was hard to see on top too

    看到自己的发顶,心情更加难过

    with so little of it left there.

    那里如今只剩下一点点头发

    My forehead wrinkles

    我的抬头纹

    had become permanent

    已经深深的印刻到了皮肤里

    and when I smiled

    微笑的时候

    a hundred more curled up around my eyes and mouth.

    眼角和嘴角又多了百条皱纹

    I thought about letting my beard grow for a second

    有一瞬间,我想了想要不要把胡子蓄起来

    but didn't really want to look like Santa Claus.

    但我不希望自己看起来像圣诞老人

    When I stepped back

    我从镜子前转身

    I could see

    我可以觉察到

    I had gotten chunkier as well

    自己的身材也更圆润了

    Because

    因为

    while my metabolism had slowed

    我的新陈代谢减慢了

    my eating hadn't.

    饮食习惯却还保持原状

    My muscles also tended to be achier

    我的肌肉酸痛加剧了

    and my body creakier.

    身体越发脆弱不堪

    And the file clerk in my mind

    我脑子也总觉得不太灵光

    seemed to be misplacing things a lot more often.

    总是容易健忘

    I was even thinking of

    甚至想着

    writing stuff down more

    多写些小便条

    so I could remember

    这样我就不会忘

    what I came into a room for.

    自己来到房间里是为了什么

    In spite of it all,

    尽管如此

    though, when I looked in the mirror again

    不过,当我再看向镜子里的自己

    I caught a sparkle in my eyes.

    我看到了自己眼中的闪光

    I smiled

    我露出微笑

    and felt a joy in my heart.

    感受内心的喜悦

    I knew that

    我知道

    no matter what my reflection looked like,

    无论我镜中的又影像看上去如何

    my soul was forever young.

    我的灵魂都是青春永驻

    The truth is

    事实上

    while I have been steadily growing older on the outside

    当我外在的躯壳平和的变老

    I have for a while now

    最近一段时间,其实

    been growing younger on the inside.

    我的内心一直在变得更加年轻

    I can remember

    我还记得

    how serious, stressed, and worried I was

    自己曾多么严阵以待,压力重重,忧心劳神

    in my twenties and thirties.

    在我二十至三十岁的时候

    I often felt like

    我时常感觉到

    the weight of the world was on my shoulders.

    仿佛整个世界都压在我的双肩

    Now at fifty-three

    如今,我已经五十三岁了

    my heart feels lighter

    我的内心却更加轻盈

    and my days look brighter.

    生活也更加明亮

    I feel like a true "Child" of nature

    我感觉自己是纯粹的孩子

    free to laugh,

    可以恣意欢笑

    to sing, to dance

    可以歌唱、舞蹈

    to love, and to help others do the same.

    可以用心去爱,去帮助别人成为和我一样的人

    I worry less

    我的烦恼变少了

    and smile more.

    笑容增多了

    I have a lot more faith

    我对生活的信心大大增多了

    and a lot less fear.

    恐惧却大大减少了

    I let my love lead me

    我让爱引导着自己

    and face the pains and problems of this world

    直面这个世界的苦痛和难题

    with the loving-kindness of the next.

    用彼岸的爱和善意为武器

    In the end

    最终

    all of our bodies will wear out and die,

    我们都会死去,身体腐朽

    but WE won't.

    但我们内在的自己不会

    Our young souls will go on forever.

    我们年轻的灵魂将长存下去

    Spend your days growing younger then.

    所以,用你的时光让自己变得年轻吧

    Let the child within you live and love.

    让你内心的孩子快乐得去生活着、去爱着
     

    微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945

    0/0
      上一篇:英语美文朗读 第252期 幸福是一种香水 下一篇:英语美文朗读 第254期 不要把时间浪费在后悔上

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)