(双语)月亮和六便士 第23章(2)
教程:月亮和六便士  浏览:344  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    You're bragging. If I really did you'd be overwhelmed with remorse.

    “你在说大话。如果我真的上了吊你会后悔一辈子的。”

    Try it, and we'll see, I retorted.

    “你不妨试一试,就知道我后悔不后悔了。”

    A smile flickered in his eyes, and he stirred his absinthe in silence.

    他的眼睛里露出一丝笑意,默默地搅和着他的苦艾酒。

    Would you like to play chess? I asked.

    “想不想下棋?”我问他说。

    I don't mind.

    “我不反对。”

    We set up the pieces, and when the board was ready he considered it with a comfortable eye. There is a sense of satisfaction in looking at your men all ready for the fray.

    我们开始摆棋子,摆好以后,他注视着面前的棋盘,带着一副自得其乐的样子。当你看到自己兵马都已进入阵地,就要开始一场大厮杀,总禁不住有一种快慰的感觉。

    Did you really think I'd lend you money? I asked.

    “你真的以为我会借钱给你吗?”我问他。

    I didn't see why you shouldn't.

    “我想不出来为什么你会不借给我。”

    You surprise me.

    “你使我感到吃惊。”

    Why?

    “为什么?”

    It's disappointing to find that at heart you are sentimental. I should have liked you better if you hadn't made that ingenuous appeal to my sympathies.

    “发现你心里还是人情味十足让我失望。如果你不那么天真,想利用我的同情心来打动我,我会更喜欢你一些。”

    I should have despised you if you'd been moved by it, he answered.

    “如果你被我打动,我会鄙视你的。”他回答说。

    That's better, I laughed.

    “那就好了。”我笑起来。

    We began to play. We were both absorbed in the game. When it was finished I said to him:

    我们开始走棋。两个人的精神都被当前的一局棋吸引住。一盘棋下完以后,我对他说:

    Look here, if you're hard up, let me see your pictures. If there's anything I like I'll buy it.

    “你听我说,如果你缺钱花,让我去看看你的画怎么样?如果有我喜欢的,我会买你一幅。”

    Go to hell, he answered.

    “你见鬼去吧!”他说。

    He got up and was about to go away. I stopped him.

    他站起来准备走,我把他拦住了。

    You haven't paid for your absinthe, I said, smiling.

    “你还没有付酒帐呢。”我笑着说。

    He cursed me, flung down the money and left.

    他骂了我一句,把钱往桌上一扔就走了。

    I did not see him for several days after that, but one evening, when I was sitting in the cafe, reading a paper, he came up and sat beside me.

    这件事过去以后,我有几天没有看见他,但是有一天晚上我正坐在咖啡馆里看报纸的时候,思特里克兰德走了过来,在我身旁边坐下。

    You haven't hanged yourself after all, I remarked.

    “你原来并没有上吊啊。”我说。

    No. I've got a commission. I'm painting the portrait of a retired plumber for two hundred francs.

    “没有。有人请我画一幅画。我现在正给一个退休的铅管工画像,可以拿到两百法郎。”

    0/0
      上一篇:(双语)月亮和六便士 第23章(1) 下一篇:(双语)月亮和六便士 第23章(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)