福尔摩斯探案集·红发会 第17期:事件发生转变(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:436  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "I was staggered, sir. I did not know what to do.

    "先生,我感到很震惊,我不知道怎么办才好。

    Then I called at the offices round, but none of them seemed to know anything about it.

    我向办公室周围的街坊打听,但是,看来他们谁也不知道那是怎么回事。

    Finally, I went to the landlord, who is an accountant living on the ground-floor,

    最后,我去找房东,他住在楼下,是当会计的。

    and I asked him if he could tell me what had become of the Red-headed League.

    我问他能否告诉我红发会出了什么事。

    He said that he had never heard of any such body.

    他说,他从来没有听说过有这样一个团体。

    Then I asked him who Mr. Duncan Ross was. He answered that the name was new to him."

    然后,我问他邓肯·罗斯先生是什么人。他回答说,这个名字对他很陌生。"

    'Well,' said I, 'the gentleman at No. 4.'

    我说,'唔,是住在4号的那位先生。'

    'What, the red-headed man?' 'Yes.'

    '什么,那个红头发的人?''是的。'

    'Oh,' said he, 'his name was William Morris.

    他说,'噢,他名叫威廉·莫里斯。

    He was a solicitor and was using my room as a temporary convenience until his new premises were ready. He moved out yesterday.'

    他是个律师,他暂住我的屋子,因为他的新居还没有准备好。他是昨天搬走的。'

    'Where could I find him?'

    ' 我在什么地方能找到他呢?'

    'Oh, at his new offices. He did tell me the address.

    '噢,在他的新办公室。他确实把他的地址告诉我了。

    Yes, 17 King Edward Street, near St. Paul's.'

    是的,爱德华王街17号,就在圣保罗教堂附近。'

    "I started off, Mr. Holmes, but when I got to that address it was a manufactory of artificial knee-caps,

    "福尔摩斯先生,我马上动身到那里去了,但是,当我找到那个地方的时候,我发现它是个护膝制造厂,

    and no one in it had ever heard of either Mr. William Morris or Mr. Duncan Ross."

    这个厂子里谁也没有听说过有个叫威廉·莫里斯或叫邓肯·罗斯的人。"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·红发会 第16期:事件发生转变(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·红发会 第18期:事件发生转变(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)