福尔摩斯探案集·博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 第24期:现场调查(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:359  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "We have got to the deductions and the inferences," said Lestrade, winking at me.

    雷斯垂德一面对我使了个眼色一面说:"我们已经用演绎法来推断过了。

    "I find it hard enough to tackle facts, Holmes, without flying away after theories and fancies."

    福尔摩斯,我觉得,不去轻率地空发议论和想入非非,专门去调查核实事实就已经够难办的了。"

    "You are right," said Holmes demurely; "you do find it very hard to tackle the facts."

    福尔摩斯很有风趣地说:"你说得对,你确实觉得核实事实很难办。"

    "Anyhow, I have grasped one fact which you seem to find it difficult to get hold of," replied Lestrade with some warmth. "And that is..."

    雷斯垂德有点激动地回答说:"不管怎么样,我已经掌握了一个你似乎难以掌握的事实。""那就是..."

    "That McCarthy senior met his death from McCarthy junior and that all theories to the contrary are the merest moonshine."

    "那就是麦卡锡死于小麦卡锡之手,与此相反的一切说法都是空谈。"

    "Well, moonshine is a brighter thing than fog," said Holmes, laughing.

    福尔摩斯笑着说:"唔,月光总比迷雾要明亮些。

    "But I am very much mistaken if this is not Hatherley Farm upon the left." "Yes, that is it."

    左边不就是哈瑟利农场了吗,你们看是不是?""是的,那就是。"

    It was a widespread, comfortable-looking building, two-storied, slate-roofed,

    那是一所占地面积很大、样式令人感到舒适惬意的两层石板瓦顶楼房,

    with great yellow blotches of lichen upon the gray walls.

    灰色的墙上长着大片大片的黄色苔藓。

    The drawn blinds and the smokeless chimneys, however, gave it a stricken look,

    然而窗帘低垂,烟囱也不冒烟,显得很凄凉的样子,

    as though the weight of this horror still lay heavy upon it.

    仿佛这次事件的恐怖气氛仍然沉甸甸地压在它的上面似的。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 第23期:现场调查(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 第25期:现场调查(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)