福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第8期:神秘来信(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:373  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    I did as he ordered, and when the lawyer arrived I was asked to step up to the room.

    我照他的吩咐办了。律师来到时,我被召唤到他的房间里。

    The fire was burning brightly, and in the grate there was a mass of black,

    炉火熊熊,在壁炉的炉栅里有一堆黑色蓬松的纸灰烬。

    fluffy ashes, as of burned paper, while the brass box stood open and empty beside it.

    那黄铜箱匣放在一旁,敞着盖,里面空空如也。

    As I glanced at the box I noticed, with a start,

    我瞧了那匣子一眼,大吃一惊,

    that upon the lid was printed the treble K which I had read in the morning upon the envelope.

    因为那匣子盖上印着我上午在信封上所见到的那样的三个K字。

    'I wish you, John,' said my uncle, 'to witness my will.

    '约翰,我希望你,'我伯父说道,'作我的遗嘱见证人。

    I leave my estate, with all its advantages and all its disadvantages,

    我把我的产业,连带它的一切有利和不利之处,

    to my brother, your father, whence it will, no doubt, descend to you.

    留给我的兄弟--也就是你的父亲。无疑以后从你父亲那里又会遗留给你的。

    If you can enjoy it in peace, well and good!

    如果你能平安无事地享有它们,自然是好;

    If you find you cannot, take my advice, my boy, and leave it to your deadliest enemy.

    不过,如果你发觉不能,那么,孩子,我劝你把它留给你的死敌。

    I am sorry to give you such a two-edged thing, but I can't say what turn things are going to take.

    我很遗憾给你留下这样一个具有双重意义的东西,但是我也真说不上事情会向哪个方向发展。

    Kindly sign the paper where Mr. Fordham shows you.'

    请你按照福德姆律师在遗嘱上指给你的地方签上你的名字吧。'

    I signed the paper as directed, and the lawyer took it away with him.

    我照律师所指之处签了名,律师就将遗嘱带走了。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第7期:神秘来信(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第9期:神秘来信(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)