福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第21期:解剖案情(3)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:342  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "Yes," I answered, laughing.

    "对,"我回答道,不禁笑了。

    "It was a singular document. Philosophy, astronomy, and politics were marked at zero, I remember.

    "那是一张怪有趣的记录表。我记得:哲学、天文学、政治学,打了零分;

    Botany variable, geology profound as regards the mud-stains from any region within fifty miles of town,

    植物学,说不准;地质学,就伦敦五十英里以内任何地区的泥迹而言,算得造诣很深;

    chemistry eccentric, anatomy unsystematic, sensational literature and crime records unique,

    化学,很独特;解剖学,没有系统;关于惊险文学和罪行记录是无与伦比的;

    violin-player, boxer, swordsman, lawyer, and self-poisoner by cocaine and tobacco.

    是小提琴音乐家、拳击手、剑术运动员、律师;是服用可卡因和吸烟的自我毒害者。

    Those, I think, were the main points of my analysis."

    我想,那些都是我分析的要点。"

    Holmes grinned at the last item. "Well," he said, "I say now, as I said then,

    福尔摩斯听到最后一项,嘻嘻地笑了。"嗯,"他说,"就象我过去说的一样,我现在还是要说:

    that a man should keep his little brain-attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use,

    一个人应当给他自己头脑的小小阁楼里装满他可能需要使用的一切。

    and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library, where he can get it if he wants it.

    其余的东西可以放到他的藏书室里去,需要的时候,随时取用即可。

    Now, for such a case as the one which has been submitted to us to-night,

    现在,为了今晚我们接受的这样一桩案件,

    we need certainly to muster all our resources.

    我们肯定需要把我们所有的资料都集中起来。

    Kindly hand me down the letter K of the American Encyclopaedia which stands upon the shelf beside you.

    劳驾把你身边书架上的美国百科全书里K字部的那一册递给我。

    Thank you. Now let us consider the situation and see what may be deduced from it.

    谢谢你!让我们考虑一下形势,看看从中可能作出什么样的推论。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第20期:解剖案情(2) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第22期:解剖案情(4)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)