福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第26期:奥彭肖的死讯(1)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:291  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    It had cleared in the morning,

    清晨,天已放晴,

    and the sun was shining with a subdued brightness through the dim veil which hangs over the great city.

    太阳透过笼罩在这伟大城市上空的朦胧云雾闪耀着柔和的光芒。

    Sherlock Holmes was already at breakfast when I came down.

    我下楼时,福尔摩斯已经在吃早餐了。

    "You will excuse me for not waiting for you," said he;

    "你会原谅我没有等你吧,"他说,

    "I have, I foresee, a very busy day before me in looking into this case of young Openshaw's."

    "我估计,我将要为小奥彭肖的案子忙碌一整天。"

    "What steps will you take?" I asked.

    "你准备采取什么措施?"我问道。

    "It will very much depend upon the results of my first inquiries. I may have to go down to Horsham, after all."

    "这在很大程度上取决于我初步调查的结果了。总之,我也许不得不去霍尔舍姆一趟。"

    "You will not go there first?"

    "你不先去那里吗?"

    "No, I shall commence with the City. Just ring the bell and the maid will bring up your coffee."

    "不,我得从城里开始,只要拉拉铃,女佣人就会给你端杯咖啡来的。"

    As I waited, I lifted the unopened newspaper from the table and glanced my eye over it.

    我在等待咖啡的时候,拿起了桌上还没有打开的报纸浏览了一下。

    It rested upon a heading which sent a chill to my heart.

    我的目光停在一个标题上,心里打了一个冷战。

    "Holmes," I cried, "you are too late."

    "福尔摩斯,"我叫了起来,"你晚了!"

    "Ah!" said he, laying down his cup, "I feared as much. How was it done?"

    "啊!"他放下了杯子答道,"我担心的正是这样。这是怎么搞的?"

    He spoke calmly, but I could see that he was deeply moved.

    显然他说的时候很平静,但我已看出他内心很激动。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第25期:解剖案情(7) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·五个桔核 第27期:奥彭肖的死讯(2)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)