福尔摩斯探案集·歪唇男人 第5期:瘾君子(5)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:439  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    At the farther end was a small brazier of burning charcoal,

    在远处一头,有一个小炭火盆,炭火熊熊。

    beside which on a three-legged wooden stool there sat a tall, thin old man,

    盆旁一只三足木板凳上坐着一个瘦高的老头,

    with his jaw resting upon his two fists, and his elbows upon his knees, staring into the fire.

    双拳托腮,两肘支在膝盖上,双目凝视着炭火。

    As I entered, a sallow Malay attendant had hurried up with a pipe for me and a supply of the drug, beckoning me to an empty berth.

    当我进屋时,一个面无血色的马来人伙计兴冲冲地走上前来,递给我一杆烟枪和一份烟剂,招呼我到一张空榻上去。

    "Thank you. I have not come to stay," said I.

    "谢谢你。我不是来久呆的,"我说,

    "There is a friend of mine here, Mr. Isa Whitney, and I wish to speak with him."

    "我有一位朋友艾萨·惠特尼先生在这里。我要找他说话。"

    There was a movement and an exclamation from my right,

    在我右边有人蠕动并发出喊声。

    and peering through the gloom I saw Whitney, pale, haggard, and unkempt, staring out at me.

    我透过暗淡的灯光瞧见惠特尼面色苍白,憔悴不堪,邋里邋遢,睁大眼睛盯着我。

    "My God! It's Watson," said he. He was in a pitiable state of reaction, with every nerve in a twitter.

    "天哪!原来是华生!"他说,他答话的样子显得既可怜又可鄙,他的每条神经似乎都处于紧张状态。

    "I say, Watson, what o'clock is it?" "Nearly eleven."

    "嘿,华生,几点钟了?""快十一点钟了。"

    "Of what day?" "Of Friday, June 19th."

    "哪天的十一点钟?""星期五,六月十九日。"

    "Good heavens! I thought it was Wednesday. It is Wednesday. What d'you want to frighten the chap for?"

    "我的天!我一直认为是星期三。今天是星期三,你吓唬人干什么?"

    He sank his face onto his arms and began to sob in a high treble key.

    他低下头,把脸埋在双臂之间,开始放声痛哭起来。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·歪唇男人 第4期:瘾君子(4) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·歪唇男人 第6期:瘾君子(6)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)