福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第37期:赖德先生(7)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:266  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "Well, I did what she said, Mr. Holmes, and I carried the bird all the way to Kilburn.

    "就这样,我照我姐姐说的做了,福尔摩斯先生,于是我带着这只鹅一路跑到基尔伯恩。

    I told my pal what I had done, for he was a man that it was easy to tell a thing like that to.

    我把我所做的一切都告诉了我的伙伴,因为他是一个可以将此类事情推心置腹地相告的人。

    He laughed until he choked, and we got a knife and opened the goose.

    他乐得喘不上气来。我们持刀将鹅开了膛。

    My heart turned to water, for there was no sign of the stone, and I knew that some terrible mistake had occurred.

    我的心一下子凉了半截,因为嗉囊里根本没有蓝宝石的踪影,我知道一定发生了什么很糟糕的差错。

    I left the bird, rushed back to my sister's, and hurried into the back yard.

    我置鹅于不顾,急步奔向我姐姐家里,匆匆走进了后院。

    There was not a bird to be seen there.

    但是那里已经一只鹅也不见了。"

    "'Where are they all, Maggie?' I cried.

    我喊道:'麦琪,那些鹅都到哪里去了?'

    "'Gone to the dealer's, Jem.'

    "'已经送到经销店去了,杰姆。'

    "'Which dealer's?' "'Breckinridge, of Covent Garden.'

    "'哪家经销店?'"'考文特园的布莱肯里奇。'

    "'But was there another with a barred tail?' I asked, 'the same as the one I chose?'

    "'其中是否有一只尾巴带有黑道的鹅?和我挑选的那只一样的?'我问道。

    "'Yes, Jem; there were two barred-tailed ones, and I could never tell them apart.'

    "'有的,杰姆,一共有两只尾巴带黑道的鹅,连我都分不清它们。'

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第36期:赖德先生(6) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第38期:赖德先生(8)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程