福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第38期:提前准备(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:277  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    "You speak of danger. You have evidently seen more in these rooms than was visible to me."

    "你说到危险。显然,你在这些房间里看到的东西比我看到的要多得多。"

    "No, but I fancy that I may have deduced a little more. I imagine that you saw all that I did."

    "不,但是我认为,我可能稍微多推断出一些东西。我想你同我一样看到了所有的东西。"

    "I saw nothing remarkable save the bell-rope, and what purpose that could answer I confess is more than I can imagine."

    "除了那铃绳以外,我没有看到其它值得注意的东西。至于那东西有什么用途,我承认,那不是我所能想象得出来的。"

    "You saw the ventilator, too?"

    "你也看到那通气孔了吧?"

    "Yes, but I do not think that it is such a very unusual thing to have a small opening between two rooms.

    "是的,但是我想在两个房间之间开个小洞,并不是什么异乎寻常的事。

    It was so small that a rat could hardly pass through."

    那洞口是那么窄小,连个耗子都很难钻过去。"

    "I knew that we should find a ventilator before ever we came to Stoke Moran."

    "在我们没来斯托克莫兰以前,我就知道,我们将会发现一个通气孔。"

    "My dear Holmes!"

    "哎呀,亲爱的福尔摩斯!"

    "Oh, yes, I did. You remember in her statement she said that her sister could smell Dr. Roylott's cigar.

    "哦,是的,我知道的。你记得当初她在叙述中提到她姐姐能闻到罗伊洛特医生的雪茄烟味。

    Now, of course that suggested at once that there must be a communication between the two rooms.

    那么,当然这立刻表明在两个房间当中必定有一个通道。

    It could only be a small one, or it would have been remarked upon at the coroner's inquiry. I deduced a ventilator."

    可是,它只可能是非常窄小的,不然在验尸官的询问中,就会被提到。因此,我推断是一个通气孔。"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第37期:提前准备(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·斑点带子案 第39期:提前准备(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)