福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第14期:向福尔摩斯叙述故事(8)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:323  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    'I quite follow you,' said I.

    '我听得很明白,'我说。

    'The only point which I could not quite understand was what use you could make of a hydraulic press in excavating fuller's-earth,

    '唯一不太明白的一点是,水压机对你挖漂白土有什么用处?

    which, as I understand, is dug out like gravel from a pit.'

    据我所知,漂白土是象从矿坑里掏沙砾那样挖出来的。'

    'Ah!' said he carelessly, 'we have our own process.

    '啊,'他不在意地说,'我们有我们自己的方法。

    We compress the earth into bricks, so as to remove them without revealing what they are.

    我们把土碾压成砖坯,以便在搬运的时候不致于泄露它们是什么东西。

    But that is a mere detail. I have taken you fully into my confidence now, Mr. Hatherley,

    但那只不过是一些细节。现在我已经向您透露了全部秘密,哈瑟利先生,

    and I have shown you how I trust you.' He rose as he spoke.

    并且向您表示了我是多么信任您。'他边说边站了起来。

    'I shall expect you, then, at Eyford at 11:15.'

    '那么,十一点十五分在艾津见。'

    'I shall certainly be there.'

    '我一定到那里去。'

    'And not a word to a soul.' He looked at me with a last, long, questioning gaze,

    '绝对不能对任何人说。'最后,他又久久地以怀疑的眼光凝视着我,

    and then, pressing my hand in a cold, dank grasp, he hurried from the room.

    然后,用他那湿冷的手和我握了一下,就急急忙忙走出了房间。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第13期:向福尔摩斯叙述故事(7) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第15期:被砍掉的大拇指(1)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程