福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第20期:被砍掉的大拇指(6)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:291  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    But I am somewhat headstrong by nature, and the more ready to engage in an affair when there is some obstacle in the way.

    但是我这个人天生有点固执,在从事某项工作而遇到阻碍时,就会更加坚持不懈。

    I thought of my fifty-guinea fee, of my wearisome journey, and of the unpleasant night which seemed to be before me.

    我想到我那五十畿尼的酬金,那一趟疲惫的旅行,还有看来摆在我面前的将是一个很不愉快的夜晚。

    Was it all to go for nothing?

    是否这一切都毫无代价地让它们付诸东流呢?

    Why should I slink away without having carried out my commission, and without the payment which was my due?

    为什么我不完成委托给我的任务,也不领取我应得的报酬就偷偷逃走呢?

    This woman might, for all I knew, be a monomaniac.

    就我所看到的,她可能是个偏执狂的女人。

    With a stout bearing, therefore, though her manner had shaken me more than I cared to confess,

    因此,尽管她的神态给我的震动大大超过了我所愿意承认的程度,

    I still shook my head and declared my intention of remaining where I was.

    我却态度坚定,依旧摇摇头,表明我要留在那里的意图。

    She was about to renew her entreaties when a door slammed overhead,

    她正要重新提出她的恳求,这时只听见楼上有很响的关门声,

    and the sound of several footsteps was heard upon the stairs.

    接着就听到楼梯上的一些脚步声。

    She listened for an instant, threw up her hands with a despairing gesture,

    她倾听了片刻,举起双手做了一个绝望的姿势,

    and vanished as suddenly and as noiselessly as she had come.

    便和她来时一样,悄无声息地遽然消失了。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第19期:被砍掉的大拇指(5) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第21期:被砍掉的大拇指(7)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程