福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第24期:被砍掉的大拇指(10)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:356  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    The walls were of wood, but the floor consisted of a large iron trough,

    房间的墙壁是木头做的,但是地板却是由一个大铁槽构成的。

    and when I came to examine it I could see a crust of metallic deposit all over it.

    当我开始察看它时,我看到上面积了满满一层金属积屑。

    I had stooped and was scraping at this to see exactly what it was

    我弯下腰去,正用手指去挖,想看看到底是什么东西,

    when I heard a muttered exclamation in German and saw the cadaverous face of the colonel looking down at me.

    这时只听到一声德语的低沉的惊叫,同时看到上校那张死灰色的脸正朝下望着我。

    'What are you doing there?' he asked.

    '你在那儿干什么?'他问道。

    I felt angry at having been tricked by so elaborate a story as that which he had told me.

    由于上了他那精心编造的故事的当,我感到很生气。

    'I was admiring your fuller's-earth,' said I;

    '我正在欣赏您的漂白土,'我说,

    'I think that I should be better able to advise you as to your machine if I knew what the exact purpose was for which it was used.'

    '我想如果我知道了使用这台机器的真正目的,我不是更能向您提供一些有关它的建议吗?'

    The instant that I uttered the words I regretted the rashness of my speech.

    可是话一出口,我立即就为自己鲁莽的语言而感到后悔。

    His face set hard, and a baleful light sprang up in his gray eyes.

    他的脸色变得很难看,灰色的眼睛里射出了邪恶的光芒。

    'Very well,' said he, 'you shall know all about the machine.'

    '很好,'他说,'你会知道这机器的一切!'

    He took a step backward, slammed the little door, and turned the key in the lock.

    他向后退了一步,砰地一声关上了小门,将插在锁孔里的钥匙转动了一下。

    I rushed towards it and pulled at the handle,

    我向门冲去,使劲地拉着把手,

    but it was quite secure, and did not give in the least to my kicks and shoves.

    但是这门关得严严实实,尽管我连踢带推,它却纹丝不动。

    'Hello!' I yelled. 'Hello! Colonel! Let me out!'

    '喂!'我大叫起来。'喂,上校!放我出去!'

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第23期:被砍掉的大拇指(9) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·工程师大拇指案 第25期:被砍掉的大拇指(11)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程