实际上,她从未离开过我
教程:英语漫读  浏览:249  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    For the past 33 years

    过去的33年间

    I have lived and worked in Africa,

    我一直生活并在非洲工作

    far from my mother who lived in Los Angeles.

    母亲生活在洛杉矶,相隔万水千山

    One night I dreamed of her

    一天夜里我梦到了她

    as she slowly walked up the stairs to her apartment.

    我看到她慢慢走上楼梯,走回自己的房间

    实际上,她从未离开过我

    She was a heavy woman

    她是一个超重的妇人

    and she walked slowly and painfully ,

    行走间步履缓慢而艰难

    as she reached the last step,

    当她走上最后一阶台阶时

    she looked up at me

    她抬起头看着我

    and said "Baby, I'm not going to make it, I'm just too tired."

    说到,“宝贝,我坚持不下去了,我太累了”

    The next morning

    第二天早上

    I got a communication from the embassy,

    我收到大使馆传来的消息

    I worked as a contractor to USAID in the Congo.

    我身在刚果,担任美国国际开发署的项目承包商

    It sadly notified me of my mother's death.

    那个消息是来向我哀悼的,因为我母亲去世了

    I realized that

    我忽然意识到

    last night she had come to say goodbye to me,

    昨晚她已经来对我道别过了

    her love had transcended 10.000 miles to reach me.

    她的爱穿越1万公里的距离,来到了我身边

    That's love

    这是伟达的母爱

    and in truth she has never left me.

    实际上,她从未离开过我

    0/0
      上一篇:研究表明,不识字的人患痴呆症的可能性是识字的人的两倍 下一篇:生活就是一项DIY的工程

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)