大学英语六级考试(CET6)历年真题听力2017年12月英语六级听力真题(第2套) 长对话(2)
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Conversation Two

    对话二

    W: Another cup of tea, Paul?

    保罗,再来杯茶吗?

    M: No, thanks.

    不,谢谢。

    Well, what's new, Lorry?

    洛瑞,有什么新鲜事吗?

    W: Nothing dramatic.

    没什么大事。

    But there's something you should know about.

    但有件事你应该知道。

    M: What's that?

    什么事?

    W: Well, our rivals are offering extended credit terms to some of the retailers in the area.

    咱们的对头给区域里的零售商延长信用期限。

    M: Oh? Which rival is this?

    哦?哪个对头?

    We only have two.

    我们只有两个对头。

    W: Barratt's Company.

    巴勒特公司。

    M: Oh, them.

    哦,他们啊。

    Well, they're hardly a threat.

    他们算不上威胁。

    W: I know they're smaller than us, but we can't afford to ignore them.

    我直到他们规模比我们小,但我们忽视他们不得。

    M: Yes, you're right, Lorry.

    是啊,洛瑞你说得对。

    But I don't like extended credit.

    但我不喜欢延长信用期限。

    It ties up cash we could put to better use elsewhere.

    这会把现金套牢,这部分钱可以更好地花在其他地方。

    But, I'll look into it on Monday.

    不过,周一我再研究下。

    W: Yes. And there's something else.

    好的。还有另一件事。

    M: Don't tell me! The letter from the tax revenue office?

    别告诉我!是税务局来的信?

    W: Right. How did you know?

    没错。你怎么知道的?

    M: Terra told me.

    泰拉告诉我的。

    What's the problem?

    出了什么问题?

    W: Well, Tom got this letter late yesterday and then went frantic trying to find copies of last year's accounts.

    汤姆昨天晚些时候拿到这封信,然后就疯了似的去找去年账目的副本。

    M: Did he find them?

    他找到了?

    W: No. And he was away before I could get hold of the letter.

    没。而且他就走了,我没能拿到那封信。

    M: How about a drive down to the office now?

    不如现在开车去税务局?

    And we'll see if everything's all right.

    这样就知道是否一切正常。

    There's another reason why I wanted a chat with you before Monday.

    我想和你周一前就聊一聊还有个原因。

    W: I thought as much.

    不出所料。

    Well, go on, surprise me.

    继续说,给我个惊喜。

    M: How about selling that new motorcycle of yours in Indonesia?

    在印尼卖你那新款摩托车怎样?

    W: What? You mean export?

    什么?你的意思是出口?

    Paul, I think you've been away too long.

    保罗,我认为你出差太久了。

    This is Jayal Motors.

    我们可是贾亚尔摩托。

    We've never sold a bike abroad.

    我们从没在海外卖过一辆摩托。

    M: Don't worry, Lorry.

    别担心,洛瑞。

    I'm not crazy.

    我没疯。

    I've been studying the possibility and I think we should give it a go.

    可行性我研究了好久,我认为应当试一试。

    W: It's not as easy as that though, is it?

    不过没那么容易,不是吗?

    We'd have to reorganize the whole company.

    我们就要重组整个公司。

    M: Don't be silly.

    别傻了。

    I don't intend starting next week.

    我可没想下周就开始。

    We'll have to plan it properly and of course, there'll be a few problems.

    我们得好好计划,当然可能会有一些问题。

    W: A few problems? I can see hundreds!

    一些问题?我看有一堆问题吧。

    For one thing, transport.

    首先是运输。

    I have enough trouble delivering bikes to shops only 40 miles away---never mind 5,000 miles! ?

    运送摩托到四十英里外的商店已经很麻烦了,更不用说五千英里了。

    M: That's what forwarding agents are for.

    那是运输行的工作。

    Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.

    请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题5至问题8。

    5. What does the woman think the man should know?

    问题5:女士认为男士应当知道什么?

    6. What does the woman think of Barratt's company?

    问题6:女士怎么看待巴勒特公司?

    7. What did the woman say about the letter from the tax revenue office?

    问题7:关于税务局的来信女士说了些什么?

    8. What is the man thinking of doing?

    问题8:男士打算干什么?

    0/0
      上一篇:大学英语六级考试(CET6)历年真题听力2017年12月英语六级听力真题(第2套) 长对话(1) 下一篇:大学英语六级考试(CET6)历年真题听力2017年12月英语六级听力真题(第2套) 短文(1)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)