丁克一族
教程:口语实用  浏览:669  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Childless Couples 丁克一族

    dialogue 1

    M: what's your opinion about childless couples? Will you choose to have no kids?

    你是怎么看待那些不要孩子的夫妻的?你打算要不要孩子。

    N: to be honest, I wouldn't.

    说实在的,我不打算要孩子。

    M: why? Do you have to make a choice now?

    为什么?你现在必须做出选择吗?

    N: not really. But it has puzzled me for a long time.

    不是,只是这事已经困扰我很久了。

    M: what's the puzzle?

    那你到底愁什么呢?

    N: my husband and I prefer to have no kids, but my mother-in-law is very traditional and wants grandkids.

    我和我丈夫打算不要孩子,但是我婆婆很传统,很想抱孙子。

    M: oh, I see. I think the older generation tend to think in a different way.

    啊,这样啊。我觉得老人们总是和我们想法不太一样。

    N: yes. It seems she can never accept a childless marriage. We had a fight last night.

    是啊,可是我婆婆就是不能理解,为什么结了婚却不要孩子。我们昨天还吵了一架。

    M: oh, really? Maybe she is just eager to see her grandchildren.

    是吗?也许她只是抱孙心切吧。

    N: but it's absolutely our own business to have a child or not.

    但是要不要孙子,完全是我们自己的事。

    M: definitely.

    是啊。

    N: you know, I often overhear our neighbor, the young couple, fighting about how to raise their kid and I really don't want kids to spoil our hapoiness.

    知道吗?我经常听见我们隔壁那对年轻的夫妻因为教育孩子而争吵。我真不想让孩子影响我们的婚姻幸福。

    M: don't worry. I think in most cases, children are the glue that keeps a family together.

    不要担心。大多数情况下,孩子还是家庭的粘合剂。

    N: I guess you're right. But I still prefer to have no child.

    好吧,但是我还是不想要孩子。

    M: sure. You can fully enjoy your time together.

    好的,那你们就可以好好享受二人世界了。

    dialogue 2

    N: more and more Chinese are marrying foreigners.

    越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。

    S: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreigners.

    是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。

    N: oh, why?

    啊?为什么啊?

    S: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreigners for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.

    我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。

    N: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.

    也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨过夫妻。

    S: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?

    那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?

    N: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.

    可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。

    S: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.

    或者这些女人对中国男人没那么有吸引力吧。

    N: what do you mean?

    怎么说?

    S: you know, usually the woman is in her thirties and she is a left girl.

    这些女人大约三十多岁,是剩女。

    N: a left girl? What's that?

    剩女?什么意思啊?

    S: they're called that because they're left behind on the shelf. They're also known by their three H's---high diploma, high salary, and high degree.

    这么说,因为他们是别人挑剩下的。她们有三高:高文凭,高工资,高学位。

    N: and they're also known as the three S's—single, stuck, and born in the seventies.

    还有人说她们有三难:单身,高不成低不就,出生在70年代后。

    S: definitely! So most of these women go for Western men.

    的确!所以这些人就把目标转向了外国人。

    N: you have a point here, but I believe some mixed marriages are based on true love.

    也许吧。但是有些跨国婚姻还是有真爱的。

    S: that' for sure but very few.

    那是,不过很少。

    0/0
      上一篇:我显得跟傻冒似的 下一篇:他这人特没劲

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)