成语寓言故事:人生三喻(双语)
教程:英语故事  浏览:530  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

      One day, Ping Gong, the King of the State of Jin, said to his minister Shi Kuang: "I am over 70 years old.

      有一天,晋国君主晋平公对他的臣子师旷说:“我已经七十多岁了。

      Though I "am eager to read some books, I feel it is too late."

      虽然很想读些书,但是,总觉得时间太晚了!”

      Shi Kuang said: "Too late? Why don't you light the candle?"

      师旷说: “时间太晚吗?为卜么不把蜡烛点起来呢?”

      Ping Gong said: "I am serious. But you go so far as to make fun of me!"

      平公说: “我和你说正经话,怎么,你竟和我开起玩笑来了!”

      Shi Kuang said: "How dare I, a blind minister, make fun of Your Majesty?

      师旷说: “我这个双目失明的臣子,哪里敢和大王开玩笑!

      I heard that when a man in his youth is fond of studying, he is like the rising sun, brilliant and magnificent;

      我听说,一个人在少年的时候好学,就像初升的太阳那样,辉煌而灿烂;

      when a man in the prime of life is fond of studying, he is like the sun at noon, with still half a day's good time ahead;

      壮年的时候好学,犹如正午的太阳,还有半天的好时光呢;

      when a man in his old age is fond of studying, he is like the flame of a candle.

      老年的时候好学,就像蜡烛的火焰一样。

      Though the light is failing, it is better than groping in the dark."

      蜡烛的光亮虽然是有限的,但是有了它,总比在黑暗中摸索着前进要好些吧!”

      Hearing Shi Kuang's words, Ping Gong of Jin said with pleasure:

      听了师旷的话,晋平公高兴地说:

      "How well you have put it!"

      “你说得多好啊!”

    0/0
      上一篇:成语寓言故事:斑鸿说袅(双语) 下一篇:那些给我智慧和勇气的寓言故事:一捆树枝

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)