李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第48课
教程:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话  浏览:2598  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释


    9. He’s the Right Man for the Job
    他是最佳人选

    BACKGROUND 背景

    Two people are discussing the mayor’s speech.
    两个人在谈论市长的演讲。


    A: Hi, Janice.
    嗨,珍妮丝。

    B: Hi, Steve. What’s new?
    嗨,史蒂夫。有什么好消息吗?

    A: I’ve just heard a speech by the mayor. He’s an excellent speaker. His speech today was very powerful.
    我刚才听了市长的演讲。他是一位优秀的演讲家,演讲很有号召力。

    B: Yes, he’s a good man. I like him. Although I don’t always see eye to eye with him. I still respect him very much.
    是的,还不错。我喜欢他。尽管我的观点与他的不尽相同,我还是非常敬佩他。

    A: There’s one good thing about him: he isn’t behind the times. He knows this is the 21st century
    他其中的一个好处是:他不落伍。他知道这是21世纪了。

    B: I like the way he got right down to business. He’s a man of action. Right from the start. He doesn’t waste time talking about problems. He likes to solve them.
    我喜欢他做事果断。从一开始,他就是一个实干家。他不会把时间浪费在谈论问题上。他喜欢解决问题。

    A: That’s true. He made a point of going to work immediately. The city has made a lot of progress since he’s been the mayor.
    的确。他目的一明确,即刻就工作。自从他上任以来,这个城市已经有了很大的改观。

    B: He’s very independent. He doesn’t rely on others. He finds out everything first hand. Then he takes steps to improve the situation. That’s what I admire in a leader.
    他非常独立,不依赖别人,只要取得第一手资料,就马上采取行动改善状况。这才是我所敬慕的领导。

    A: He’s the right man for the job.
    他是这一工作的最好人选。

    B: I couldn’t agree with you more.
    你说得太对了。

    A: Next time he gives speech I’ll ask you to come along.
    下一次他做演讲的时候,我会邀你同去。

    B: That would be great. Thanks a lot.
    太好了。多谢。

    额外成就感

    be behind the times: not be up-to-date, modern in one’s thinking
    不合时宜的;落伍的☆☆☆☆
    * He’s not a good teacher. He’s behind the times in his methods.
    他不是个好老师。他的方法太落后了。
    * We can’t afford to be behind the times. The competition will destroy us.
    我们落后不起,竞争会把我们打垮的。
    * He’s so behind the times, he doesn’t understand anything we say.
    他可真是个老古董,我们说的什么他都不明白。

    get right down to something: begin working without hesitation
    不犹豫地、迅速地做某事☆☆☆
    * After the supervisor declared the start of the test, all the students got right down to writing.
    监考老师一声令下,同学们马上开始做卷子。
    * Enough of this talk, let’s get right down to business!
    谈到这儿就够了,我们马上去干活吧!
    * I was so hungry, I couldn’t wait to get right down to eating.
    我饿死了,恨不得马上就吃饭。

    make a point of something: do or say something with a definite intention 认为做某事重要;有必要☆☆☆☆
    * I always make a point of introducing myself to everyone I meet.
    我总是认为有必要把自己介绍给我遇到的每一个人。
    * Make a point of seeing the Great Wall when you are in Beijing.
    你去北京的话,长城值得一看。
    * I made a point of checking the door to make sure it was locked.
    我觉得有必要检查一下门是否锁好了。

    firsthand: without assistance from an intermediary; direct
    第一手的☆☆☆☆
    * What I’m telling you is firsthand information; I didn’t hear it from someone else.
    我所告诉你的都是第一手的信息,我还没听到别人提及过。
    * I want to experience city life firsthand. I don’t want to just watch it on TV.
    我想亲身体验一下城市生活,不愿只是从电视上看。

    take steps: prepare for something and put it into action
    采取措施☆☆☆☆
    * The crime in that city became a serious problem. The police had to take steps to correct it.
    那个城市的犯罪问题已日趋严重。警方不得不采取措施予以制止。
    * We’re taking steps to solve the problem right now.
    我们马上采取措施解决问题。
    * We must take steps to prevent this tragedy from happening again.
    我们必须采取措施阻止这类悲剧再次发生。

    0/0
      上一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第47课 下一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第49课

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)