李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第63课
教程:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话  浏览:2604  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    3、Apartment Hunting
    租房子

    Kim’s Note:
    This is a difficult but necessary task if you are going to be in America for a long time.

    (1)Hunting for an Apartment 找房

    A:Come on in, let me show you around. Here’s the living room. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    请进,让我带你们先看看。这是起居室。有两间卧室和两个洗手间。

    B:Great! The view from this window is wonderful.
    太棒了!窗外的风景很美。

    A:This is the kitchen.
    这是厨房。

    B:It looks new.
    看起来很新。

    A:Yes, we renovated just last year and replaced all the appliances.
    是的,我们去年刚翻修过,而且更换了所有的器具。

    B:Just look at all the closet space in the master bedroom!
    看主卧室的壁厨空间多大呀!

    A:Well, I’m sure you can fill these closets in no time!
    我相信你很快就会把这些壁柜填满。

    B:Oh come on, give me a break. I don’t have that much stuff.
    快别这么说。我哪有那么多东西呀。

    A:And here’s a bathroom.
    这是洗手间。

    B:What did you say the rent was?
    你刚才说的房租是多少?

    A;Fifteen hundred dollars a month.
    一个月1500美元。

    B:Does that include utilities?
    包水电费吗?

    A:It includes heat, gas, and hot water. Electricity and telephone are extra.
    包暖气、煤气和热水。电和电话费另付。

    B:When will the apartment be available?
    什么时候可以搬进来?

    A:On the first of the month.
    月初。

    B:We like it a lot, but we’ll have to think about it. Can we call you tomorrow?
    我们很喜欢这套房子,但还得考虑一下。明天给你打电话好吗?

    A:Sure. But don’t wait too long. I have other people who are interested in renting this place.
    当然行了。但是别拖得太久。还有其他人看上了这房子。


    (2)Renting an Apartment 租房

    A:Hello, Mr. Jackson, this is Jim Johnson. I’m calling about the apartment we looked at yesterday. We’d like to take it, if it’s still available.
    喂,杰克逊先生,我是吉姆•约翰逊。我打电话想跟你谈谈昨天我们看过的那套房子。如果还空着的话,我们想租下来。

    B:Great!
    那太好了!

    A:So, what’s the next step?
    那下一步做什么呢?

    B:I’ll draw up a lease and send it to you. What I’ll need from you is one month’s rent as a security deposit, and the first month’s rent in advance.
    我会把租约写好给你寄去。你要给我一个月的房租做保证金。另外预付第一个月的房租。

    A:I’ll get the deposit back, won’t I?
    保证金以后会退还给我对吗?

    B:Of course, as long as the place is not damaged beyond the usual wear and tear when you move out.
    当然了,只要你搬走时房间里除正常磨损以外没有别的损坏就行。

    A:Great! Can I send you a check?
    太好了!可以给你支票吗?

    B:Sure, a check will be fine. Just send it along with the lease after you’ve signed it.
    当然,支票可以。你在租约上签字后把支票一块寄来就行了。

    A:Thanks!
    谢谢。

    额外成就感
    租房用语
    lease 租约
    * You should read the lease carefully before you sign it.
    你在租约上签字之前要先仔细阅读。
    * Could I have the lease translated before I sign it?
    在我签租约之前能不能让人先把它翻译一下?
    * I want to have a lawyer look over this lease.
    我要找个律师过目一下这份租约。

    landlord 房东
    * I have a really nice landlord.
    我的房东人很不错。
    * I’ve been trying to get a hold of my landlord for a week.
    这个星期以来我一直在试着跟我的房东取得联系。

    storage space 储藏室,储藏东西的地方
    * I’m looking for an apartment with a lot of storage space.
    我在找一个有很大储藏室的房子。
    * Is there storage space in the building where I can keep my bike?
    这栋楼里有没有地方可以放我的自行车?

    laundry room 洗衣店
    * Does this building have a laundry room?
    这楼里有没有洗衣房?
    * I forgot my wallet in the laundry room. I have to go back and get it.
    我把钱包忘在洗衣房了。我得回去取。

    wear and tear 磨损
    * Don’t worry about it. A little wear and tear is to be expected.
    别担心,一点点的磨损是免不了的。
    * This is a sturdy model. It can take a lot of wear and tear.
    这个模型很坚固,经得起磨损。

    0/0
      上一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第62课 下一篇:李阳疯狂英语突破口语之突破对话第64课

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程