Dialogue 1
A:我生日的时候你愿意来吃饭吗?
A: Would you like to come round for a meal on my birthday?
B:噢,太谢谢了。那真不错!哪天是你的生日?
B: Oh yes. Thank you very much. That sounds lovely! What day is your birthday?
A:下周四,7号。
A: It’s next Thursday, the 7th.
B:嗯,等一下,让我看看我的日程安排。我说不准是否能来。星期四我得参加一场网球赛。哦,太遗憾了!
B: Oh, well, wait a minute. Let me look in my diary. I’m not sure if I can. I have to play in a tennis match on Thursday. Oh, what a pity!
A:晚上晚一些时候行吗?
A: How about later in the evening!
B:好吧,晚上是更好的。
B: Oh, yes, the evening is better.
Dialogue 2
A:嘿,明华,我们要为桑迪举行一个生日晚会。你能来参加吗?
A: Hi, Minghua, we will have a party for Sandy’s birthday. Are you coming together?
B:啊,这主意听起来棒极了。哪天?
B: Oh, yes, that sounds great! What day is it?
A:下星期一,星期一晚6点。
A: It’s next Monday, Monday 6 p.m.
B:好,我期待着。
B: Ok, I look forward to it.
Dialogue 3
A:明晚我家里有个晚会,你也来吗?
A: We’ll have a party at my house tomorrow night. Would you like to come?
B:我很想来。什么时候开始?
B: Yes, I’d love to. What time will it start?
A:七点左右。
A: Around seven o’clock.
B:要带点什么吗?
B: Shall I bring something along?
A:你自己来就行。
A: Just yourself.
B:顺便说一下,我今天晚上要去看电影,你也要来吗?
B: By the way, I’m seeing a movie tonight. Would you want to join me?
A:好的。
A: OK.
Dialogue 4
A:祝贺你!
A: Congratulations.
B:谢谢。我从未想到我会赢得这场比赛。
B: Thank you. I never thought I would win the contest.
A:你应该赢。现在我要请你庆功宴。
A: You deserve it. Now I’ll buy you a victory lunch.
B:谢谢你,我还真饿了。
B: Thank you. I must admit that I’m hungry.
A:好,我们走吧。
A: Good. Let’s go.
Dialogue 5
A:哈姆普逊博士,我想邀请您去参加一个为庆祝我完成博士论文而举行的晚宴。
A: I’d like to invite you to a dinner party to celebrate the finish of my dissertation, Dr. Hampton.
B:谢谢,我很兴接受你的邀请。
B: Thank you. I’d love to.
A:非常高兴您能去参加。
A: Oh, I’m so pleased that you can make it!
B:晚宴一定会很有意思。辛苦之后,你当然应该庆祝一下。
B: Well, it should be fun. And you certainly deserve it after all that hard work.