甲:很有意思的会议,不是吗?
A: An interesting meeting, isn’t it?
乙:是的,很有意思。我认为最后一个发言者特别好。
B: Yes, very. I thought the last speaker was especially good.
甲:顺便让我自我介绍一下,我叫托马斯•布拉德利。
A: Let me introduce myself, by the way. My name’s Thomas Bradley.
乙:你好,我叫泰德•纽詹特。
B: How do you do! I’m Ted Nugent.
甲:对不起,你姓什么?
A: Sorry, what was your last name again?
乙:是纽詹特。N-U-G-E-N-T,你就叫我泰德吧。
B: It’s Nugent, N-U-G-E-N-T, but just call me Ted.
甲:好的,我是汤姆。
A: OK, I’m Tom.
乙:很高兴认识你。
B: Glad to meet you.
甲:泰德,你是干什么工作的?
A: And what do you do, Ted?
乙:我?我做汽车生意。
B: Me? I’m in the car business.
甲:销售员?
A: Salesman?
乙:是的,说得对。你呢?
B: Yes, that’s right. And how about you?
甲:我在美国航空公司工作。
A: I work for American Airlines.
乙:噢,是吗?你到底是干什么的?
B: Oh, really? What do you do there exactly?
甲:我在人事部工作。
A: I’m in the Personnel Department.