老外最想聊的100个口语话题(08):跨国婚恋
教程:英语对话  浏览:655  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
      Mixed Marriages 跨国婚恋

      dialogue 1

      N: if you can choose, will you marry a foreigner or a Chinese?

      如果让你选的话,你是愿意嫁给一个中国人还是一个外国人?

      S: why? Did tom pop the question?

      为什么这么问,汤姆向你求婚了吗?

      N: not yet. But I wonder if I can get my parents’ consent.

      没有,我怕父母不同意。

      S: let me guess, your parents want you to marry a Chinese man, right?

      我猜猜,你父母一定是想你嫁一个中国人,对吗?

      N: you are right. It is giving me a real headache. I feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place.

      是啊,我正头疼呢,我觉得左右为难。

      S: I used to have the same problem when I was with my ex.

      我和以前的男朋友谈恋爱时,也遇到了同样的问题。

      N: oh, how did you deal with it?

      那你怎么解决的?

      S: I just let it go and continued dating with my Korean boyfriend. But finally we broke up.

      我就顺其自然,继续和我的韩国男朋友约会,但是后来我们还是分手了。

      N: oh, it’s a pity. What was the matter?

      太可惜了,为什么啊?

      S: simple. We had personality clashes and there were too many cultural differences.

      很简单,我们性格不合,双方文化也有很多不同之处。

      N: like what?

      比如呢?

      S: he hoped to live in the Korean way and asked me to give up working and stay at home to take care of the family.

      他希望我过韩式的生活,要求我放弃工作,安心待在家里。

      N: Oh, I see. In their culture women should put family first.

      这样啊,在他们的文化里,女性应该以家庭为重。

      S: yes, he said it would be batter for me and for the whole family. But I simply can not quit working.

      是啊,他说这样对我,对整个家庭都好。但是我就是不想辞掉工作。

      N: so that's why it’s hard to have a happy marriage with a foreigner.

      所以和外国人结婚,很难幸福。

      S: not really. There are many successful mixed marriage around us.

      也不一定,我们周围不也有很多成功的例子嘛。

      dialogue 2

      N: more and more Chinese are marrying foreigners.

      越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。

      S: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreigners.

      是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。

      N: oh, why?

      啊?为什么啊?

      S: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreigners for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.

      我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。

      N: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.

      也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨过夫妻。

      S: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?

      N: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.

      那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?

      S: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.

      可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。

      N: what do you mean?

      怎么说?

      S: you know, usually the woman is in her thirties and she is a left girl.

      这些女人大约三十多岁,是剩女。

      N: a left girl? What's that?

      剩女?什么意思啊?

      S: they're called that because they're left behind on the shelf. They're also known by their three H's---high diploma, high salary, and high degree.

      这么说,因为他们是别人挑剩下的。她们有三高:高文凭,高工资,高学位。

      N: and they're also known as the three S's—single, stuck, and born in the seventies.

      还有人说她们有三难:单身,高不成低不就,出生在70年代后。

      S: definitely! So most of these women go for Western men.

      的确!所以这些人就把目标转向了外国人。

      N: you have a point here, but I believe some mixed marriages are based on true love.

      也许吧。但是有些跨国婚姻还是有真爱的。

      S: that' for sure but very few.

      那是,不过很少。

    0/0
      上一篇:老外最想聊的100个口语话题(07):丁克一族 下一篇:老外最想聊的100个口语话题(09):甜蜜之家

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)