老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(45):勤工俭学
教程:英语对话  浏览:830  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
      Part-time Job 勤工俭学

      dialogue 1

      Iris: why are you so upset today, Maria? Cheer up!

      玛利亚,今天你的情绪为什么这么低落?振作点!

      M: oh, Iris, it’s about the job with the PR company.

      哎,艾瑞斯,是因为那个公共公司的实习机会.

      I: it’s a great opportunity. You should be happy with the offer.

      这可是个好机会,你应该高兴才对!

      M: but my mother won’t allow me to accept any part-time job. I’m afraid she will say no again.

      但是我妈妈老是不让我做兼职,我担心这次她还是不答应.

      I: why? It’s unfair. You can learn a lot from it.

      为什么啊?你可以从实习中学到很多东西的.

      M: she says a part-time job is cursed blessing. It takes so much time and energy that I won’t be able to focus on my study.

      她总是说兼职是双刃剑,要花很多时间和精力.我就不能专心学习了.

      I: that may be true. But I’m sure you’re able to find a balance between them. Why not try it?

      有道理.但是我相信你可以再兼职和学习间找到平衡的.为什么不试试呢?

      M: I turned down quite a few offers before for her sake. But I’m a senior now, I don’t want to miss the chance this time.

      我之前因为我妈妈放弃了很多次机会.可是我现在上大四了,我不想再错过这次机会了.

      I: I agree with you but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.

      我支持你!我觉得你应该和你妈妈好好谈谈,告诉她你的想法.

      M: I’ll try, but what if she insists?

      我想试试,要是她坚持不答应怎么办?

      I: just let her know that the experience will be both amazing and rewarding. And more importantly, you can manage both your study and the job.

      告诉她这次兼职将对你很有帮助,更重要的是,要让她知道你能处理好学习和工作之间的关系.

      M: do you think it will work?

      你觉得会有用吗?

      I: sure. Every cloud has its silver lining. Just try.

      当然啦!黑暗中总有一线光明的嘛.试试看.

      M: ok, I’ll do that. Thank you, Iris.

      好吧,我试试看!谢谢你,艾瑞斯.

      I: sure. Good luck, Maria!

      不客气,玛利亚,祝你好运!

      dialogue 2

      I: hey, Maris, are you a part-timer?

      嘿,玛利亚,你是个”兼职人士”吗?

      M: part-timer? Is that a new buzzword?

      兼职人士”?是个时髦词吧?

      I: oh, it’s pretty popular among my classmates these days. So are you?

      哦,这几天我同学一直说这个词.你做兼职吗?

      M: sure, I have a part-time job as a bartender.

      嗯,我在酒吧做调酒师.

      I: cool! It must be amazing to work at a bar!

      哇,好酷啊,在酒吧工作很有意思吧?

      M: yeah, but I’m not there for fun. I have to remain professional and if I get distracted, the manager would be pretty upset.

      是的,但是我可不是去玩的.我必须保持专业,要是我分心的话,经理会不高兴的.

      I: that’s true. I’m wondering did you learn anything from the job?

      那倒也是.你从中学到东西了吗?

      M: of course. There’s always much to learn. I got to know more about the real world.

      当然啦,要学的东西很多,而且我更了解现实生活了.

      I: you mean you got working experience, right?

      你是说工作经验吗?

      M: not just working experience. I would say the biggest lesson I learned is how to deal with people from all walks of life.

      我觉得不但是工作经验,而是和各种人打交道的能力.

      I: it must be very demanding.

      那要求一定很高了?

      M: sometimes it is. But after working for a few weeks, it’s easy to figure out.

      有时候挺高的.但是干上几星期,该知道怎么做了.

      I: really? It sounds interesting.

      是吗?听起来很有意思.

      M: maybe you can come to the bar one day and I’ll show you around.

      你可以抽空来酒吧一趟,看看我是怎么工作的.

      I: great. I’m looking forward to.

      太好了!我很想去看看.

    0/0
      上一篇:老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(44):个人爱好 下一篇:老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(46):留学海外

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)