老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(91):食品安全
教程:英语对话  浏览:1339  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
       Food safety 食品安全

      dialogue 1

      Carl: Hello, Kendra. How are things?

      你好,肯德拉.最近过得好吗?

      Kendra: Just fine. What about you?

      还好,你呢?

      C: Not bad. Did you see the news last night?

      不错,你昨晚看新闻了吗?

      K: No, I didn't havc the chance. Was there anything interesting?

      没有,没时间看。有什么有趣的事吗?

      C: Not interesting, terrible.

      不是有趣,是恐怖.

      K: Terriblc,why?

      恐怖,为什么啊?

      C: Two workers bave died and 19 0thers have been bospitalized after having lunch at arestaurant in Sbenzhen on Saturday moming.

      周同早上在深圳,一些工人在一家饭店吃午饭时食物中毒- .两人中毒身亡,19人被送往医院抢救。

      K: It's incredible.Did tbcy find the Cause

      太难以想象了!查明原因了吗?

      C: Not yet. it's still under investigation.

      还没有,正在调查中

      K: Food safety is not a new problem, but food poisoning seems to be happening more these days.

      食品安全是个老问题了.食物中毒量近好像频频发生.

      C: I think some producers are too profit-oriented and itlnore their social responsibility.

      我认为一些食品生产商只顾lll钱,不考虑社会责任.

      K: Do you think the governmcnt should intervence to stop further tragedy?

      你认为政府应该介入以避免悲剧再发生吗?

      C: Defrnitely, I think thcre should be not only fines to the sboddy food producers, but also riminal punishment.

      我想政府应该介入,对于那些生产劣质产品的厂家,不仅要罚款,还要追究刑事责任

      K: Food safcty is a mattcr of lifc and death.

      食品女全是生死攸关的大事啊。

      dialogue 2

      C: hey, there!

      嗨,你好!

      K: hello, Carl. Have you heard about the contaminated baby formula?

      你好,你听说婴幼儿奶粉事件了吗?

      C: yes. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. It's confirmed that 4 babies died and more than 6,200 infants nationwide have developed kidney stones after drinking the tainted formula.

      听说了.实际上,我很关注这件事.经证实,现在有4个婴儿丧生了,6200个婴儿患上了肾结石.

      K: what a tragedy!

      太惨了!

      C: I remember the public outrage when it was discovered that 171 infants had sufferedmalnutrition because of the ingestoin of inferior milk power in Fuyang City, Anhui Province in 2004.

      我至今还记得,2004年在安徽省阜阳市,因为服用劣质奶粉,有171名婴儿营养不良,当时也激起了民愤.

      K: food safety has been a long-standing concern nationwide.

      食品安全想来都为人们所关注.

      C: well, I think this recent incident will have a far-reaching negative impact on the milk industry.

      哦,我想这次奶粉事件肯定会重创奶制品行业.

      K: definitely, in the case of the tainted milk powder, for example, not only the offending company suffers losses, but the whole milk market suffers a sharp drop in sales.

      当然,比如在这次的奶粉事件中,不仅相关的不法企业损失惨重,而且奶制品市场销量大减.

      C: yes, you are right.

      是啊.

      K: but I don't know if it is only an isolated incident or whether it reflects a broader problem in the milk industry?

      但是不知道这是个案,还是反映出整个奶制品行业的问题呢?

      C: I guess it's an industry-wide problem, as 69 batches of baby formula produced by 22 companies have been found to be contaminated.

      我想整个行业都有问题,22家企业生产的69批婴儿奶粉都被查出有问题.

      K: that's right. This will quickly undermine public confidence in the milk industry possibly for years to come.

      是啊,今后几年内,人们对奶制品行业都不会有什么信心了.

      C: definitely! With the public disclosure, buyers' confidence seems to be waning.

      是啊,一经曝光,消费者就信心大减.

      K: I think China's food industry needs a shake-up.

      我想中国的食品行业需要重新整顿.

    0/0
      上一篇:老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(90):职场充电 下一篇:老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(92):自然灾害

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)