说一说海外教学的经历
教程:英语对话  浏览:167  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    今天的这段对话,在讨论海外教学,
     
    海外教学需要勇气,你有在海外教学的经历吗
     
    来听今天的讲解:

     
    A: So Sarah, you're an English teacher, right?
     
    萨拉,你是名英语老师,对吧?
     
    B: That's right.
     
    没错。
     
    A: You must have taught in many countries before.
     
    你之前一定在很多国家和地区教过英语。
     
    B: Yeah, I did. I taught in the USA, in Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan and Ecuador.
     
    对,没错。我在美国、台湾、中国、韩国、日本和厄瓜多尔教过英语。
     
    A: Oh, Ecuador.
     
    哦,厄瓜多尔。
     
    B: Yeah.
     
    对。
     
    A: So you must be able to speak Spanish very well.
     
    那你一定也会说西班牙语。
     
    B: I think so. I studied really hard, and then when I lived in Ecuador, I spent a lot of time talking to people.
     
    是的。我在厄瓜多尔时非常努力地学习了西班牙语,我花很多时间和当地人交谈。
     
    A: Did you teach Spanish, too?
     
    那你也教西班牙语?
     
    B: No, I didn't. When I lived in Ecuador actually, I volunteered for the United Nations.
     
    不教。我在厄瓜多尔生活时,我是联合国的志愿者。
     
    A: Wow.
     
    哇哦。
     
    B: And I taught families and they were being relocated to Canada because they were fleeing the drug wars of Colombia.
     
    我的工作是教一些家庭英语,这些家庭要逃离哥伦比亚的毒品战争,他们会被重新安置在加拿大。
     
    A: Wow.
     
    哇哦。
     
    B: So I felt very badly for these families but they had a really bright future. So that was good. But then one week, I had a family, a couple of families and they were being relocated to Sweden.
     
    我为这些家庭感到难过,不过他们有一个非常光明的未来。这很好。不过有一周,我教了几个要被重新安置在瑞典的家庭。
     
    A: Oh.
     
    哦。
     
    B: And I said, "I can't teach them Swedish." And the UN said, "Well, maybe just teach them English." So I thought, they're going to Sweden, they don't need to learn English right now. And my friend at the time – she's Norwegian, and we were living together. And every day, she helped me to learn a little bit of Swedish. Just enough for one class so that I could teach these families...
     
    我说,“我不能教他们瑞典语”。联合国方面说,“你就教他们英语吧”。可是我想,他们要去瑞典,他们现在不用学英语。当时我有个朋友,她是挪威人,我们住在一起。她每天都帮助我学习一些瑞典语。足够我在当天的课上教那些家庭的。
     
    A: Wait, wait.
     
    等一下。
     
    B: ...some Swedish.
     
    瑞典语。
     
    A: You were teaching Swedish language?
     
    你教瑞典语?
     
    B: Yes.
     
    对。
     
    A: You are an English speaker.
     
    可是你的母语是英语。
     
    B: Yes.
     
    对。
     
    A: You lived in Ecuador.
     
    你当时在厄瓜多尔生活。
     
    B: Yes.
     
    对。
     
    A: And a Norwegian person taught you Swedish.
     
    一个挪威人教你瑞典语。
     
    B: Yes.
     
    对。
     
    A: So you could teach Swedish to people from Ecuador.
     
    所以你教厄瓜多尔人瑞典语。
     
    B: From Colombia, currently living in Ecuador.
     
    那些人来自哥伦比亚,他们当时住在厄瓜多尔。
     
    A: So they could move to Sweden.
     
    他们要搬去瑞典。
     
    B: Yes.
     
    对。
     
    A: And you did this as a volunteer.
     
    你志愿做这份工作。
     
    B: Yeah. I wanted to help people. So I moved to Ecuador and I got a volunteer job with the United Nations to help teach people but I never thought I would be teaching Swedish.
     
    对。我想帮助别人。所以我去厄瓜多尔做联合国的志愿者,去帮助他人,我以前从来没想过我会教瑞典语。
     
    A: Wow.
     
    哇哦。
     
    B: Yeah. It was a lot of fun.
     
    对。那很有趣。
     
    A: I would like to try that someday, too.
     
    如果有机会,我也想尝试一下。
     
    B: You can do it.
     
    你可以的。
    0/0
      上一篇:如果你已经是老师了,有想过换份工作吗 下一篇:人类真的有必要花费巨额金钱去探索外太空吗

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)