今天的这段对话,在讨论如果中了彩票,
如果你中了彩票会怎么做
来听今天的讲解:
A: James!
詹姆斯!
B: Yo!
嗨!
A: if you had a million dollars...
如果你有一百万美元……
B: Mm-hm...
嗯……
A: if you won the lottery...
如果你中了彩票……
B: Yes.
是的。
A: What would you do?
你会怎么做?
B: I would buy a small island, build a house there, and invest the rest of my money so that I would never have to work again.
我会买一座小岛,在上面建一座房屋,并且把所有的钱都拿来投资,这样我就不用再工作了。
A: OK, So are you talking a tropical island, or...
好的,你想买热带小岛,还是……
B: A tropical island, yeah, or maybe I would give it all to charity and have a bridge named after me.
我喜欢热带岛屿,也许我会把所有钱都捐给慈善机构,并且用我的名字捐建一座桥。
A: That's two different things there. How bout the island? Would you want to be alone, on a secluded island or?
这完全是两码事。那买小岛呢?你是想一个人生活在荒岛上,还是?
B: No, I would want all of my friends to come and visit me often.
不,我希望我的朋友能经常来看我。
A: OK. Nice. So how would you pass the time on this island?
很棒。你在岛上要怎么打发时间?
B: I would read books. I would study. I would go swimming, go fishing, and play with my dog.
我会读书,学习。我会去游泳,钓鱼,和我的狗一起玩。
A: OK. Do think money can make people happy, can buy happiness?
好的。你觉得金钱能使人高兴吗,能换来幸福吗?
B: No, but it can sometimes make it easier. It depends on what you buy.
不能,但有时能让人活得更好。这取决于你怎么花钱了。