今天的这段对话,在讨论高中,
你的高中是什么样的?在高中印象最深的是什么
来听今天的讲解:
A: OK. Kerys, we're going to talk about high school. Um, what was high school like for you?
好的,Kerys,我们来谈谈高中的事儿。你的高中是什么样的?
B: It was a very interesting experience. I was in a high school in a, quite a run-down area.
那是段有趣的经历。我的高中在一个很破败的地区。
A: Oh, OK.
好的。
B: So it was the norm for girls to get pregnant at 14, leave school, and then come back at 16 and do their exams.
我的高中是那种会有14岁的女孩怀孕,然后离开学校,16岁再回来参加考试的学校。
A: Wow!
哇!
B: So it was quite unique.
所以说我的高中很特殊。
A: At 14?
14岁?
B: At 14! Yeah.
是的,14岁。
A: Oh, my gosh.
我的天啊。
B: So it was quite a strange environment to be in, for somebody who didn't get pregnant and.
对于一个没有怀孕的人来说,那里是一个很怪异的环境。
A: Wow! Was it a rough neighborhood?
哇!有很多很难处的同学?
B: Yeah.
是的。
A: OK.
好的。
B: Yeah. Yeah.
没错。
A: But did you have a good time?
但那时你过得好吗?
B: Yeah, I enjoyed myself. It was great..you now as..I kept myself out of trouble.
是的,我过的挺好。我过得很好,你知道我一直不惹麻烦。
A: Wow.
哇。
B: Which was hard. Cause everyone was getting into trouble, but yeah, it was fun.
这很难。因为每个人都有麻烦,但那很有趣。
A: Oh, OK. What do you remember most about high school?
好的。你在高中印象最深的是什么?
B: I remember that the school dinners were disgusting.
我记得学校的伙食很差。
A: OK. And did you get good grades in high school?
好的。你在高中的成绩很好吗?
B: Yeah.
是的。
A: OK, what was your favorite subject?
好的,你最喜欢的科目是什么?
B: My favorite subject was drama.
我最喜欢的科目是喜剧。
A: OK. Do you still act?
好的。你现在还表演吗?
B: No.
不了。
A: OK. Do you still go to theatre?
好的,你还会去剧院吗?
B: Yeah!
当然!
A: OK.
好的。
B: To watch.
去看戏剧。
A: Just to watch. Great! Thanks a lot Kerys.
只是去看戏剧,好的!谢谢你Kerys。
B: No worries!
不客气。