哈佛大学的马萨诸塞堂怎么样?马萨诸塞堂不属于哈佛大学吗
教程:英语对话  浏览:111  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    今天的这段对话,在讨论马萨诸塞堂,
     
    哈佛大学的马萨诸塞堂怎么样?马萨诸塞堂不属于哈佛大学吗
     
    来听今天的讲解:

     
    A: Where,s our next stop?
     
    我们下一站去哪儿?
     
    B: What about the Dining Hall?
     
    去食堂吧。
     
    A: The Dining Hall? Oh, it’s already one o’clock. You must be hungry.
     
    食堂?哦,已经一点了,你肯定饿了吧。
     
    B: Listen, my stomach is rumbling?.
     
    听,我的肚子在咕噜咕噜叫呢。
     
    A: Sorry, I have been immersed? in the wonderful life at Harvard and lost track of time.
     
    不好意思,我一直沉浸在哈佛的美好生活中,忘了时间。
     
    B: How could you enjoy life without enjoying food? Let’s go and have lunch. But be prepared, you’ll be amazed by what you,re going to see.
     
    不享受美食怎么能叫享受生活呢。去吃午饭吧,但要做好心理准备,你接下来看到的东西会让你大吃一惊。
     
    A: I've prepared for it. Everything just makes me so excited.
     
    我做好准备了,哈佛的一切都让我兴奋不已。
     
    (They arrive at the Dining Hall.)
     
    (到达食堂)
     
    A: Oh, My God! I can’t believe my eyes. Is it a palace or something?
     
    天哪!我不敢相信自己的眼睛,这是宫殿还是什么?
     
    B: Just the Dining Hall. What do you say?
     
    就是食堂。你觉得怎么样?
     
    A: Beyond expression?. I think I,m so excited that I have no stomach? for lunch.
     
    无法用语言表达。我太激动了,我想我没有胃口吃饭了。
     
    B: Really? Don’t be envious? when I enjoy my steak.
     
    真的?我享用牛排的时候可别眼馋哦。
     
    (After lunch)
     
    (吃完饭后)
     
    B: I’m full. Let’s go to visit the freshman? dormitories.
     
    我饱了,咱们去参观一下新生宿舍吧。
     
    A: Are they like palaces too?
     
    宿舍也跟宫殿一样吗?
     
    B: Nope, Han, don’t glorify? Harvard to such an extent.
     
    不是啊,韩,别太美化哈佛了。
     
    A: Then why must we go there today? I prefer something more interesting.
     
    那为什么我们今天非要去看宿舍,我宁愿去更有意思的地方。
     
    B: The dormitory building I’m going to show you is also a historical site. It tells the history of Harvard.
     
    我带你去的宿舍楼也是一个历史景点,它承载了哈佛的许多历史。
     
    A: Oh, I see.
     
    这样子啊。
     
    (They arrive at the Massachusetts Hall.)
     
    (到达马萨诸塞堂)
     
    A: I find that almost all the buildings are crimson?.
     
    我发现几乎所有的楼都是深红色的。
     
    B: Crimson is the color of Harvard, representing solemnity?.
     
    深红是哈佛的颜色,代表了庄严。
     
    A: Indeed.
     
    确实。
     
    B: This building is called Massachusetts Hall.
     
    这个楼叫马萨诸塞堂。
     
    A: It doesn’t look like a dormitory building. I don’t see many students. These rooms look like offices.
     
    看起来不像宿舍楼,没看见多少学生。这些房间看起来更像是办公室。
     
    B: That’s what makes it special. The top administrators work at the first three floors, and freshmen live in the fourth floor.
     
    这就是这个楼的独特之处。高层领导在头三层办公,新生住在第四层。
     
    A: It could be either a good thing or a bad thing.
     
    是好事也是坏事。
     
    B: Why? I think it’s a good thing because the students can meet the top administrators.
     
    为什么呀,我觉得是好事呀,学生可以见到校领导呢。
     
    A: If I lived here, I would not feel free to do whatever I,d like to, for example, playing music loudly in the dorm room.
     
    如果我住这儿,就觉得干什么都不自由,比如无法在宿舍大声放音乐。
     
    B: Like it or not, it is said that the building will be sold and freshmen won,t be allowed to reside there any longer.
     
    不管喜不喜欢,据说这楼要被卖掉了,以后就不允许新生再住在这儿,了。
     
    A: To whom?
     
    卖给谁?
     
    B: To the central administration of Harvard University.
     
    卖给哈佛大学的管理中心。
     
    A: Wait a minute. Doesn’t the Hall belong to the University?
     
    等会儿,马萨诸塞堂不属于哈佛大学吗?
     
    B: It does. It belongs to the College of Arts and Science now.
     
    属于呀,现在属于文理学院。
     
    A: I'm confused.
     
    我有点搞不明白。
     
    B: You know, the United States itself have fifty states, each of which is independent of the federal government in some respects?.
     
    你知道美国本身有50个州,每个州在某些方面是独立于联邦政府的。
     
    A: You mean the central administration of Harvard has a decentralized? power?
     
    你的意思是哈佛大学管理中心的权力也是分散的?
     
    B: Therefore, the Hall will be “sold” rather than be “given” to the central administration.
     
    所以马萨诸塞堂与其说是"送给”还不如说是“卖给"管理中心。
     
    A: The students up there must be glad at the news. They can move to new dorms.
     
    住在上面的学生听到这个消息肯定很高兴,可以搬到新宿舍了。
     
    B: Not necessarily. If it were me, I would feel it’s a pity?.
     
    那不一定。如果是我,我就会感到很遗憾。
     
    A: Why?
     
    为什么?
     
    B: This is the oldest building on campus, and has experienced many historical events. People can smell the smell of history in it.
     
    这可是校园里最古老的楼,而且还经历了很多历史事件,人们在里面可以感受到历史的气息。
     
    A: That makes sense?,
     
    有道理。
     
    B: Besides, from its birth to today, it has been used as a dormitory building. Many people just want to keep this tradition alive.
     
    再说,从它建成之日起到现在都是用作学生宿舍楼,很多人就想保留这个传统。
     
    A: Memories are priceless.
     
    记忆无价。
    0/0
      上一篇:哈佛自然历史博物馆是什么样?哈佛大学哪些方面做得很好 下一篇:为什么有的学生要为南方而战呢?哈佛大学纪念堂三个部分分别有什么功能

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)