现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢
教程:英语对话  浏览:187  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    今天的这段对话,在讨论足球,

     

    现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢

     

    来听今天的讲解:

     

    A: Welcome to Old Trafford. home of Manchester United.

     

    欢迎来到曼联主场——老特拉福德。

     

    B: Yeah, it's great to be here. I've heard so much about David Beckham. He used to play for Manchester United. didn't he?

     

    嗯。能来这里太好了。我听过很多有关大卫·贝克汉姆的事。他过去是在曼联队踢球吗?

     

    A: That's right, but now he plays for Real Madrid.

     

    是的,然后为皇家马德里队效力。

     

    B: I only know a little about him, bur r know he's very handsome.

     

    我只知道一点点关于他的情况。不过我知道他很帅。

     

    A: He certainly is. He's also married with three children.

     

    他的确很帅。而且他结婚了,还有3个孩子。

     

    B: I know he's married to Posh Spice who used to be with the Spice Girls.

     

    我知道他娶了以前辣妹组舍里的高贵辣妹。

     

    A: That's right and he has three boys called Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.

     

    是的。他有3个儿子,分别叫做布鲁克林、罗密欧和克鲁兹。

     

    B: Football is England's national sport, isn't it?

     

    足球是英国的全民运动吧?

     

    A: Yeah, we invented it. Rumour has it that Anglo-Saxons used the heads of captured Danes as footballs.

     

    没错,是我们首创的。据谣传,盎格鲁.茸克逊人曾经把被俘的丹麦海盗的脑袋当作足球来踢。

     

    B: But what did they use as footballs when they ran out of heads?

     

    要是他们没脑袋踢,又拿什么来当足球呢?

     

    A: Inflated pig bladders would you believe!

     

    用充气的猪膀胱,不相信吧?

     

    B: So football has always been popular in England, right?

     

    所以足球在英国一直都很受欢迎,对吗?

     

    A: Not quite. It was actually banned in 1477 because it interfered with young men leaming to be archers.

     

    也不全是。实际上足球在1477年时曾放禁止过,因为它妨碍了年轻人练弓箭。

     

    B: Wow. I suppose national defence had to come first then What about the modem game? How did that start?

     

    哦.我想保家卫国足应该放在第一位的。那么现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢?

     

    A: IC wasn't until 1863 that football became as we know it now.

     

    直到1863年足球才发展成为我们今大所看到的样子。

     

    B: Why? What happened then?

     

    为什么?那时候发生什么事了吗?

     

    A: The rules of the game were formulated by a group of public school men and that led to the formation of football clubs and leagues.

     

    一群私立学校的人制定了足球的比赛规则,这样就促使了各足球俱乐部和联赛相继成立。

     

    B: The Premiership is supposed to be the best league in the world but England haven’t won the World Cup since 1966. Why is that?

     

    据说英格兰超级联赛是世界上最好的足球联赛。但英国自1966年后就再也没有赢得过世界杯,为什么呢?

     

    A: I think there are two reasons for that. First, there are a lot of foreigners who play in England which means less room for English players and secondly, we've never had a good

     

    我想有两个原因。第一,有很多外国人在英国踢球,只给英国本土球员留下很小的发挥余地。第二,我们一直都没有一个好的组织者。

     

    B: I hope that will change in the future. Who do you think will win the Premiership?

     

    我希望将来情况会有所改善。你认为谁能在本次英超中夺冠呢?

     

    A: It seems to be a two horse race between Manchester United and Chelsea.

     

    曼联和切尔西队好像不相上下。

     

    B: It would be nice if a different team won this year.  By the way, can you tell me what a “hat trick" means?

     

    如果今年有别的队能打赢的语就太好了。对了,你能告诉我“帽子戏法”是什么意思吗?

     

    A: It means a player who scores three goals in a game.

     

    那是指一个球员在同一场比赛中踢进了3个球。


    0/0
      上一篇:甲壳虫乐队有什么特别的地方?你最喜欢他们哪张专辑 下一篇:聊一聊自由女神像,它有多高?是谁设计的

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)