今天的这段对话,在讨论跑车,
这款跑车的车况怎么样?出现了哪些毛病
来听今天的讲解:
A: wow, it that your sports car?
哇,这是你的跑车吗?
B: yes, do you like it?
是的,你觉得怎么样?
A: I love it! I used to always want to drive a green jaguar. Is it in good condition?
我喜欢它!我以前一直想要一辆绿色的捷豹.这车的车况怎么样?
B: it looks good on the outside, but the inside is a different story. It needs a lot of servicing
before it can go out on the roads again.
从外面看起来很不错,不过一面就大不一样了.再上路的话可能需要好好保养一下.
A: what's wrong with it?
有什么毛病?
B: well, first of all, it needs a new engine, which is extremely expensive.
嗯,首先,需要换一个新引擎,那个可能会很贵.
A: when's the last time you had it serviced?
你上一次保养是什么时候?
B: it must have been a few years ago now.
大概是好几年前了.
A: I thought all cars needed regular servicing on a yearly basis.
我觉得每辆车最好每年都做一些定期的基础保养.
B: they do. Once my son was born, there was no reason to drive this car anymore. It's only a
two-seater, you know!
没错.只要我儿子一出生就没有理由再开这辆车了,要知道,毕竟它是两人座的!
A: what else is wrong with it?
还有什么其它毛病吗?
B: the heating controls don't work anymore, so it always feels like it's about 100 degrees in the
car—even in the summer!
空调坏了,所以车里从感觉像是有100度,尤其是在夏天!
A: anything else?
还有吗?
B: the brakes don't really work that well anymore either.
刹车也不太灵了.
A: why don't you get it all fixed?
你为什么不大修一次?
B: it costs more than you think to run a car---especially when there are so many things wrong
with it!
养一辆车比你想象的要费钱得多,特别是有很多零件都不好用的时候.
A: well, let me know when you can get it fixed. I’d love to go for a ride in it!
你修好之后告诉我一声,我非常喜欢坐车旅行的感觉.