今天的这段对话,在讨论小吃,
马来西亚饭团是什么?哪儿有什么辣味的蔬菜
来听今天的讲解:
A: I'm hungry. Let's go to the snack bar.
我饿了.咱们去小吃店吧.
B:ok, what unusual food do you want to try?
好的,你想尝尝什么特别的吃的吗?
A: I am going to try Gado Gado.
我想尝尝马来饭团.
B: what's that?
那是什么东西?
A: it's a kind of rice ball that is made in Malaysia. What about you?
是一种马来西亚饭团.你想吃什么?
B: I don't know. I don't know what most of this food is!
没想好.我都不知道这些食物是什么.
A: do you want noodles, vegetables, rice, meat, seafood, beans, or dessert?
你想吃面条,蔬菜,米饭,肉,海鲜,豆类还是甜点?
B: I'd like to have some vegetables first.
我想还是先来点蔬菜吧.
A: have you ever tried tempura?
你吃过天妇罗吗?
B: no, what is it?
没吃过,那是什么?
A: it's deep fried vegetables, which is commonly eaten in Japan.
是一种油炸蔬菜,在日本很常见.
B: what do you use to eat it?
用什么吃的?
A: most people eat tempura with chopsticks, but you can use a fork if you don't know how to use chopsticks.
大多数人都用筷子夹着吃,但是如果你不会用筷子的话可以用叉子.
B: that sounds great. Do you know if there are any vegetable dishes that are spicy?
听起来不错.你知道哪儿有什么辣味的蔬菜吗?
A: let me think. You could get an Indian or Thai vegetable curry, or you could get some Kimchi.
我想想.你可以点印度菜或者泰式咖喱,或者要点儿韩国泡菜.
B: I'll try all of those. How do you know so much about International food?
我都会尝尝.你怎么了解全球各地的食物?
A: I used to buy lunch every day from the International food stall at school. Every day was an adventure!
我以前读书的时候每天都在学校里的全球美食大排档买午饭.天天都有惊喜!