今天的这段对话,在讨论辞职,
有什么办法让你改变辞职的想法?为什么想辞职
来听今天的讲解:
A: do you have a minute?
你有时间吗?
B: sure, what would you like to discuss?
当然,你想谈什么?
A: I've made a tough decision, sir. Here's my resignation.
我下定决心了,.先生.这是我的辞职信.
B: well, I have to tell you that I'm quite surprised. Is there any possible way to change your mind?
嗯,我得告诉你我很意外.有什么办法让你改变主意吗?
A: I'm afraid not, sir. I've made up my mind. It's aomething I have to do.
我想恐怕没有,先生.我已经打定主意了.我必须得这么做.
B: can I ask why? Were you unhappy working for us?
我能知道原因吗?你在我们这里工作的不愉快?
A: oh, no. not at all.
哦,不.根本没有这么回事.
B: are you planning on studying abroad?
你想出国读书?
A: no, sir.
不是,先生.
B: have you been given a better offer?
你有更好的选择?
A: Oh, no. I would never look for another job while working here. I think this is a fantastic place to work.
哦,不是.我在这里工作期间从来没有找到其它工作.我觉得这里工作非常好.
B: well, what's the problem then?
嗯,那到底是什么原因?
A: it's my mother. She's sick and needs soemone to take care of her. I'm the only one who can do it.
是我母亲的原因.她病了,需要有个人来照顾.我是唯一能去照顾她的人.
B: I'm sorry to hear that, but you don't need to quit over that. Why don't you just take a leave of absence? We can hold your job for you until your mother gets better.
我很遗憾,不过你不用因为这个辞职,你为什么不请假呢?我们可以为你保留职位,等到你母亲康复后你可以回来复职.
A: really? I didn't know that would be possible.
真的可以吗?我不知道可以这样.
B: sure, we'd be carzy to lose a good worker like you.
当然行,我们要是失去你这么优秀的员工会发狂的.
A: thanks, sir.
谢谢您,先生.