今天的这段对话,在讨论书信,
从信箱里拿到了书信,里面写了什么内容
来听今天的讲解:
A: You wouldn't believe what I got in the mail today!
你肯定不会相信,我今天从信箱里拿到了什么!
B: what's that?
是什么?
A: it's a letter from Ray and Sue in Shanghai!
是雷和苏从上海寄来的信.
B: have you read it yet?
你看了没有?
A: no, I thought I'd wait until you got home.
还没,我觉得应该等你回来再看.
B: go on, read it out loud.
打开吧,念大声点.
A: ok. It says, "Dear Jessica. It was so good to receive you letter. I sounds liek you and Riley are settling into your new home with ease..."
好的.信上说:"亲爱的杰西卡.很高兴收到你的信.我觉得你跟瑞雷搬进新家之后很开心......".
B: when did you send her a letter?
你什么时候给她写信的?
A: just a few weeks ago. Sue and I send letters to each other often.
几星期以前写的.苏和我经常通信.
B: I didn't know anyone did that any more. Ok, go on.
我没听说现在还有谁在用写信交流.好了,接着念.
A: ok...I'm going to have to skip over this section. It's girl-talk.
行...这部分我会跳过去省略掉.这是我们的私房话.
B: that's fine with me.
让我听听无所谓吧.
A: oh. It's actually all rather personal.
啊,那是相当隐私的话.
B: well, skip over all of that and read me the rest.
好吧那就跳过这部分读下面的.
A: ok, it just says, balh, blah, blah..."Ray and I look forward to seeing you in June. Write soon. With love, Sue."
好的,上面说:什么,什么,什么..."雷和我打算6月跟你们见面.再联络.爱你的苏.
B: are we going to see them in June or are they coming to see us?
那是我们6月过去看他们,还是他们来看咱们?
A: didn't I tell you? We're going to Shanghai to stay with them in June.
我没跟你说吗?咱们6月去上海找他们玩.
B: oh, I guess I missed that.
哦,可能我听漏了.
A: men!
这男人!