今天的这段对话,在讨论分手,
发现另一半脚踩两只船你会怎么做
来听今天的讲解:
A: Jack and Mary broke up.
杰克和玛丽分手了。
B: it’s so sad. They had been together for only two months. Do you know what the matter was?
真令人伤心!他们在一起只有2个月。你知道为什么吗?
A: Mary said Jack was cheating on her. Jack was seeing a girl from his hometown. One day, Maey saw them holding hands and ended the relationship immediately.
玛丽说杰克背着她和别人交往。杰克和他的一个老乡一直很暧昧。一天,玛丽看见他们手牵着手,当场就和他分手了。
B: really? I’m very surprised. He doesn’t look like a guy who’d ever do that sort of thing, right?
真的吗?我感到很意外。杰克看起来不像那种人,是吧?
A: do, he doesn’t. Anyway, she found out that he had been two-timing her for a long time.
不像。不过,玛丽发现他脚踩两只船已经很长时间了。
B: maybe it is for the best. They are not suitable for each other because they have nothing in common and are completely different people.
也许这样对彼此都好。他们根本不适合,没有共同语言,性格也不和。
A: how so?
怎么说?
B: he is an extrovert while she is an introvert. He likes parties while she hates them.
他外向她内向,他喜欢聚会而她讨厌聚会。
A: poor Mary! She really liked him.
玛丽真可怜!她以前很喜欢杰克。
B: anyway, she was right to end things and she deserves better.
不过,她这样做比较明智,她应该遇到更好的。
A: do you think they’ll get back together?
你觉得他们会和好吗?
B: no, I don’t think so. I know Mary. Once she makes a decision, she won’t change her mind.
我不这么认为。我了解玛丽,她一旦做了决定,就很难改变了。
A: I hope she’ll recover soon.
真希望她能快点回复过来。
B: so do I.
我也是。