今天的这段对话,在讨论成功与失败,
你为什么看起来很沮丧,如何安慰心情不好的朋友
来听今天的讲解:
A: Steven, would you like to go dance with us tonight?
史蒂文,今晚和我们一起去跳舞怎么样?
B: John, I'm just not in the mood for this.
约翰,我现在没那个心情。
A: You look upset. What's going on?
你看起来很沮丧,怎么回事?
B: I lost the table tennis game yesterday.
昨天在乒乓球比赛中我输了。
A: What a pity!
真遗憾。
B: I just don't want to play table tennis anymore.
我不想在打乒乓球了。
A: Is it that bad? It's nothing more than a game.
有那么糟糕吗?不过是输掉一场比赛而已。
B: My opponent beat me on the very first ball. I was wondering if it's appropriate for me to play table tennis.
我的对手一球就把我淘汰了。我在想,可能我不太适合打乒乓球吧。
A: Come on. Don't lose heart. I'm sure you will succeed.
别这样,不要灰心,我相信你一定会成功的。
B: Perhaps you're right. But I just need some time to recover from this.
或许你说的对,但是我仍然需要时间从失败中恢复过来。
A: I understand.
我能理解你。