今天的这段对话,在讨论遭窃,
刚回到家发现家里一片狼藉是怎么回事?该怎么办
来听今天的讲解:
A: David, I just got home and I found the house was in a mess. What's going on?
大卫,我刚回到家,我发现家里一片狼藉,这是怎么回事?
B: It's out of the question. I just cleaned the house yesterday.
不可能,我昨天刚刚打扫了房子。
A: Did someone steal here? Should I call the police?
难道有人来家里行窃了?我要不要报警?
B: Jenny, look if our valuables are in a safe, and there are some cash in the drawer of the bedroom, and you should have a check.
Jenny,你先看看我们的贵重物品在不在保险柜里,还有卧室的抽屉里有一些现金,你看看在不在。
A: Okay. No, David, we are really stolen. The cash is gone, but there's no sign of the safe being broken.
好的,大卫。糟糕,我们家里真的遭窃了。现金没有了,但是保险柜没有被撬开的痕迹。
B: Don't worry, I'll ask for a leave right now to get home.
你别着急,我现在马上请假赶回家中。
A: What should I do? Should I clean the house?
我应该做什么?我要把房子打扫一遍吗?
B: No. We have to call the police, so we need to keep the scene.
不需要,我们要报警,所以要保留现场。
A: Okay, I take your point. How long will it take you to get home?
好的,我听你的,你大概多久能到家?
B: Half an hour is oK if there is no traffic jam.
如果不堵车半个小时。