今天的这段对话,在讨论工作,
在时尚杂志做事,如何打电话跟名人谈工作
来听今天的讲解:
A: Bianchi Gallery.
Bianchi 画廊。
B: I'm not sure if you can help me, but I'm trying to reach Vincent Bianchi.
不在帝豪你能不能帮我隔忙,我想找Vincent Bianchi。
A: You got him.
我就是。
B: Oh, OK. Wow. I wasn't expecting this ... Um ... I thought I was gonna have to leave a message.
哦,嗯,哇喔,我真没想到…… 我以为我只能留个口信。
A: You wanna call back? I could let the machine pick up.
你要再打一次吗?我可以打开留言机。
B: No! No, no. No. OK, Mr. Bianchi, I am a really big fan of yours. That cover shoot you did for Rolling Stone... Wow, that was amazing.
不!不,不,呃,不要。呃,Bianchi先生,我是你的忠实粉丝,你为滚石乐队拍的封面照……哇喔,简直太棒了。
A: Thanks. You have excellent taste. How can I help you?
哦,谢谢,你很有品味。找我有什么事吗?
B: Well, I'm calling about your availability for a magazine shoot...
呃,事实上,我想问你能不能帮一本杂志拍些照片。
A: You gotta go through my rep for that, Sheila Cordova.
嗯,你得跟我的经纪人Sheila Cordova联系。
B: You know, you and I, we went to the same high school.
你跟我,我们上过同一所高中。
A: Huh?
啊?
B: Queensborough High, right? Class of 9?
皇后区高级中学,对不对?93级的。
A: Do I know you?
我认识你?
B: No, no, no. We didn't go at the same time. Actually, my name is Betty Suarez. Class of 2002. But, it turns out that you and me, we grew up from blocks from each other. I live of Roosevelt.
不,不认识。我们不是同一届的。其实我叫 Betty Saurez,2002级的。不过你跟我,我们住得很近,仅仅相隔四个街区。我住在罗斯福附近。
A: You're a Jackson Heights girl, huh?
是杰克逊高地那边的人吗?
B: Uh-huh.
是的。
A: You don't say.
真的啊?
B: I practically live at Astoria Lemon Ice. You know that doughnut place two blocks down? That's where I grew up. I worked there every summer in high school and it burnt down. Now it's a deli. It's pretty good, but...
实际上我住在Astoria的冰柠檬店。你知道卖甜甜圈的地方吗?再过两个街区,那就是我长大的地方。我高中时每个夏天都去那打工,直到那被火烧了。现在那是食品店。也很不错,不过……
A: Not as good as SaI's though, huh?
没SaI那家好,对吗?
B: On 87th? Oh, my gosh, like the best sausage and pepper hero on the eastern seaboard.
87年开的那家?哦,天啊,那里有东海岸最棒的胡椒香肠无敌三明治。
A: Just the smell of those could get me high. I haven't thought about those in a long time. So, Betty Suarez, OK, you've got me hungry and curious. What is this job you wanted to talk to me about?
嗯,没错,光是味道就能让我很高兴,我很久都没想过那些事了。Betty Saurez,你把我的馋虫和好奇心都引出来了,你要跟我谈的是什么工作?
B: Well, I work at Mode magazine and my boss, Daniel Meade, was wondering ...Hello?
我在时尚杂志做事,我老板Daniel Meade想…… 喂?