1.apologize v. 道歉
A: I mist apologize for coming late.
甲:很抱歉我来晚了。
B: There' s no need for you to worry. Actually, we haven't started yet.
乙:你完全不必担心。实际上我们还没有开始呢。
2.blame v. 责资备
A: Well, it just slipped from my mind. I'm to blame.
甲:哦,我忘了,都怪我。
B: There's no reason to worry over such a trivial thing.
乙:小事一桩,不必担心。
3.catch v. 捕捉(话语、信息等)
A: Excuse me, I didn't quite catch that. Which gate do you have to go to?
甲:请原谅,我没听见。你们该走哪个门?
B: I'm sorry, but I didn't catch it, either. You have to ask someone else to make sure.
乙:对不起,我也没听见。你得向别人打听清楚。
4.disturb v. 打扰
A: I hope I'm not disturbing you.
甲:希望我没碍事。
B: Not at all.
乙:根本没有。
5.excuse n. 借口,理由
A: Please make my excuses to Tom. I'm sorry I've lost his football.
甲:请代我向汤姆道歉。我把他的足球弄丢了。
B: Don't worry.
乙:别担心。
6.extremely ad. 极度地
A: I'm extremely/terribly sorry. I have to call off our appointment.
甲:万分抱歉我不得不取消我们的约会。
B: Never mind.
乙:没关系。
7.fault n. 错误
A: It was all my fault. I'm mixed up on the days.
甲:都是我的错。我这几天很乱。
B: Come on, Let's forget it. It can happen to the best of us.
乙:没关系,这种事谁都难免。
8.forgive v. 原谅
A: Please forgive me for being。rude just now.
甲:请原谅我刚才一时失态。
B: Don't think any more about it.
乙:别再去想它了。
9.get in one's hair 麻烦某人
A: I really didn't mean it at all. I didn't want to get in your hair. You won't mind, will you?
甲:我真的不是那个意思。我不想烦你。你不会介意吧?
B: Not at all.
乙:没关系的。
10.goof v. 出大错
goof up把……搞坏
A: I'm sorry I goofed it up.
甲:抱歉把事情弄糟了。
B: Actually you did the right thing.
乙:事实上你做的不错。
11.offend v. 冒犯
A: I hope I didn't offend you.
甲:希望我没有冒犯你。
B: Never mind. Your intentions were goad. I can understand.
乙:不要紧。我知道你本是好意。
12.overlook v. 忽视
A: Please overlook my rude remarks.
甲:请原谅我的无礼言辞。
B: That's perfectly aright.
乙:没关系。
13.owe v. 欠
A: I owe you an apology for my mistake.
甲:是我的错,我该向你道歉。
B: Apologies are quite unnecessary. We are good friends, aren't we?
乙:真的没必要。我们是好朋友,对吗?
14.pardon n. 原谅
A: I beg your pardon? I couldn't follow you.
甲:对不起,我没听清您的话。
B: Alt right, I'll repeat it.
乙:好吧,我再重复一遍。
V.原谅
A: Please pardon me for being late. I was firmly tied up by some emergencies.
甲:来晚了,请原谅。刚才出了点紧急事故,把我缠住了。
B: Never mind that.
乙:这没关系。
15.point-blank a. 直率的
A: I hope you won' t mind if I ask you some point-blank questions.
甲:如果我问你些直率的问题,希望你别介意。
B: Go right ahead.
乙:请说吧。
16.stupid/foolish a. 笨的。愚蠢的
A: Oh, I stepped on your foot again. That was really stupid of me.
甲:哦,我真蠢,又踩着你的脚了。
B: It's okay, Gut do he careful next time.
乙:没关系,不过下次小心点。
17.thoughtless a. 粗心大意的
A: It was most thoughtless/careless of me to ha}e.left the baby home alone.
甲:我真鲁莽,把贝贝一个人留在家里。
S: That's all right. Let's hurry home.
乙:不要紧,我们快点回家吧。
18.unintentional a. 无意的
A: I'm sorry you got involved in the whole thing. But it was really unintentional.
甲:很抱歉拖累你了。不过我真不是故意的。
B: It doesn't matter.
乙:不要紧。