英语口语情景词汇学习 个人情感表达 Unit 14: 厌烦
教程:背单词方法  浏览:1377  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
      Unit 14 厌烦 情景词汇

      1.annoy v. 使苦恼,骚扰

      A: It annoys me when someone tries to jump a queue.

      甲:每当有人插队时我都感到很气愤。

      B: Yes, that can be annoying, but we shouldn't mind it.

      乙:是啊,这种事的确很烦人,但我们不必在意。

      2.annoying a. 烦人的,讨厌的

      A: It's raining again. How annoying!

      甲:又下雨了。多讨厌!

      B: There's no need to get annoyed. Plants need rain.

      乙:没必要心烦。植物正好需要雨水。

      3.around (round) the bend 疯狂

      A: That job drove me round the bend. I would have gone round the bend if I'd stayed here any longer.

      甲:那项工作使我烦躁。如果我在那儿再呆下去玉我就会发疯的。

      B: But your present job earns you quite less money than your previous one.

      乙:可是你现在的工作赚钱要比以前少得多。

      4.at a loss 困惑不解,茫然不知所措

      A: Why did you keep silent at the meeting?

      甲:你为什么在会上沉默不语?

      B: I was at a complete loss for words on such a formal occasion.

      乙:这样的正式场合常使我茫然,不知该说些什么。

      5.at one's wit's end 智穷计尽,全然不知所措

      A: Why do you look upset?

      甲:你为什么显得烦躁不安?

      B: I'm at my wit's end with this problem.

      乙:我对这个问题束手无策。

      6.be fed up with 极其厌倦

      A: Why do you go along with him?

      甲:你同意他的看法吗?

      B: No, I'm fed up with his dull persuasion.

      乙:不同意,我对他的枯燥劝说感到厌倦了。

      7.bear v. 忍受

      A: His wife always nags at him. I wonder how he ran bear living with such a woman for so many years.

      甲:他妻子总跟他唠叨。我真不知道他是怎样和这样一个女人过了这么多年的。

      B: He's really henpecked.

      乙:他是个“妻管严”。

      8.bellyache v. (为琐事)发牢骚

      A: Stop bellyaching about his faultfinding, and get on with the job.

      甲:不要为他吹毛求疵发牢骚了,继续工作吧。

      B: The boss's too choosy!

      乙:老板太挑剔了!

      9.bitch v. 不停地发牢骚

      A: He kept bitching at me for making him stop smoking.

      甲:我不让他抽烟,他就冲我不停地发牢骚。

      B: He was impolite. Why didn't you teach him a lesson?

      乙:他这么无礼。你为什么不教训他一顿?

      10.boss sb. around 对……指手画脚

      A: Would you like to work here for another three years?

      甲:你想在这儿再工作三年吗?

      B: No, I wouldn't. I've decided to leave this company because I'm sick of the old man bossing us around like that. Who does he think he is?

      乙:不想。我已决定离开这家公司,因为我厌倦了那老东西那样指手画脚。他以为他是谁呀?

      11.comfort v. 安慰

      A: Jark has failed the driving test.

      甲:杰克驾驶考试没通过。

      B: We should go and comfort him, or he'll get depressed.

      乙:我们应去安慰他,不然他会沮丧的。

      12.drive sb. nuts 使某人烦恼

      A: Tum off the TV. It's driving me nuts.

      甲:关掉电视。太烦人了。

      B : Sorry,I thought you enjoyed this program.

      乙:对不起,我还以为你喜欢这个节目呢。

      13.drive sh. up the wall 使某人烦躁

      A: I wish you'd stop nagging. It drives me up the wall.

      甲:但愿你不要再唠叨。这使我心烦!

      B: But you haven't brought. home your salary!

      乙:可你没有把工资拿回家呀!

      14.exhausted v. 筋疲力尽的

      A: Damn this work!I'm exhausted.

      甲:讨厌的工作!我筋疲力尽了。

      B: Oh, you're tired of it?

      乙:哦,(这个工作)你干腻了?

      15.get on sb.'s nerves 惹得某人心烦

      A: He's always moaning. It really gets on my nerves.

      甲:他总是呻吟。真让我心烦!’

      B: He's really ill.

      乙:他确实生病了。

      16.get tired of 对……厌倦了

      A: Do you like to talk with that lady.

      甲:你想和她谈一谈吗?

      B: No, I've got tired of her constant complaints.

      乙:不想,我对她没完没了的抱怨感到厌倦。

      17.get up on the wrong side of the bed 情绪不好,心情不好

      A: You look like you got up on the wrong side of the bed.

      甲:你看上去心情不好。

      B: I lost my key to the room this morning.

      乙:我今天早展把房间钥匙丢了。

      18.go nuts 发疯,发狂

      A: I'll go nuts if I have to wait any longer.

      甲:如果再等下去,我就会发疯。

      B: But you have to be patient if you want to get her help.

      乙:可如果你要得到她的帮助,你就得耐心。

      19.harass v. 使烦恼

      A: Stop harassing me, will you? I'm trying to work!

      甲:别烦我好不好?我要工作。

      B: Sorry, I didn't know that.

      乙:对不起,我不知道。

      20.hate v. 讨厌,不喜欢

      A: How about going shopping at the weekend?

      甲:周末去购物怎么样?

      B: Sorry, but I really hate to waste time in shops.

      乙:对不起,我真的不愿意在商店里浪费时间。

      21.have had enough 完全厌倦了

      A: I've just about had enough of your sass.

      甲:你的无礼言辞快让我烦透了。

      B: Sorry, but I didn't intend to offend you.

      乙:对不起,我并没想让你生气。

      22.impatient a. 不耐烦的

      A: The bus's coming soon. Will you wait for another ten minutes?

      甲:汽车马上就来。你再等十分钟好吗?

      B: No, I'm too impatient.

      乙:不能,我已经没有耐心了。

      23.insane a. 精神错乱的,疯狂的

      A: I've decided to give up teaching. It's really driving me insane.

      甲:我决定放弃教书。这工作使我越来越烦躁。

      B: Can you find a better job?

      乙:你能找到一个更好的工作吗?

      24.joke n. 荒唐可笑的事情

      A: The whole meeting was a complete joke.

      甲:整个会议可以说是件极其荒唐的事情。

      B: You shouldn't have attended it.

      乙:你不应该参加。

      25.mood n. 心境,心情

      A: Why does he keep silent?

      甲:他为什么沉默不语?

      B: He's in a bad mood.

      乙:他情绪不好。

      26.nuisance n. 讨厌的东西,讨厌的人

      A: what a nuisance! I've forgotten my ticket.

      甲:真讨厌!我忘了带票。

      B: So you have to cancel the hotel.

      乙:那么你就得取消这次旅行了。

      27.Oh heck 真见鬼!(用以表示厌烦或强调)

      A: Oh heck ! I've lost my ID card。

      甲:真见鬼!我把身份证丢了!

      B: Did you leave it in the hotel?

      乙:你是不是把它落在旅馆了?

      28.put up with 忍受

      A: I can't put up with their constant quarreling.

      甲:他们不停地吵架,我实在受不了。

      B: You'll take a short time to get used to that.

      乙:你很快就会习惯的。

      29.relief n. 宽慰,安慰,减轻

      A: For me, their visits were a relief from loneliness.

      甲:对我来说,他们的来访减轻了寂寞。

      B: So you'd better ask them to come and see you frequently.

      乙:所以你最好请他们常来看你。

      30.relieve v. 减轻,解除

      A: How can I feel less lonely?

      甲:我怎样才能减轻寂寞?

      B: You may relieve your loneliness if you find a friend to talk with.

      乙:你如果找个朋友聊一聊,就不会觉得孤独。

      31.run out of patience 失去耐心

      A: You look like you're running out of patience.

      甲:你好像失去耐心了。

      B: Yes,I can't stand their shouting any more.

      乙:是的,我再也忍受不了他们的吵闹了。

      32.sick a. 厌恶的

      A: It makes me sick td think of her ugly face.

      甲:一想到那丑陋的脸我就感到恶心。

      B: Why don't you divorce her?

      乙:你为什么不和她离婚呢?

      33.troubled a. 烦恼的

      A: You seem troubled. Is anything the matter?

      甲:你好像很烦恼。有什么事吗?

      B: I' m really annoyed with my wife for forgetting to phone me again.

      乙:我妻子又忘了给我打电话,真烦死了。

      34.upset a. 使心烦的

      A: Why does he pull a long face?

      甲:他为什么拉长着脸?

      B: He's still upset about his quarrel with bane.

      乙:他还在为跟珍妮吵架的事感到烦恼。

      35.whine v. 发出唉声叹气的牢骚声

      A: Far goodness' sake stop whining about your job.

      甲:看在老天的份上,别再哀叹你的工作了。

      B: But I can't stand the poor working condition.

      乙:但我忍受不了那种恶劣的工作环境。

    0/0
      上一篇:英语口语情景词汇学习 个人情感表达 Unit 13: 愤怒 下一篇:英语口语情景词汇学习 个人情感表达 Unit 15: 乐观与悲观

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)