Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.accountant n. 会计员
A: Which job do you prefer, accountant or secretary?
甲:你喜欢哪份工作,会计员还是秘书?
B: Neither, I prefer an active job, such as being a salesman.
乙:都不喜欢,我喜欢具有主动性的工作,例如,推销员。
2.appointment n. 约会
A: I'd like to see Mrs. ding. We have an appointment.
甲:我想见金女士,我们有约会。
B: OK, just a moment please.
乙:好的,请稍等。
3.at work 工作
A: Bill, there's a phone tail for you.
甲:比尔,你的电话。
B: For me? Who would be calling me at work?
乙:我的?谁会在工作时给我打电话呢?
4.benefit n. 福利
A: What benefits does the job provide?
甲:这份工作提供什么福利?
B: Sorry, lout in addition to the salary there are no benefits.
乙:对不起,除工资外没有其他福利了。
5.bonus n. 奖金,红利
A: They say all of us will get a bonus as the reward for a year's hard work.
甲:据说年终我们每人都会得到一份奖金,作为一年辛苦工作的回报。
B: How wonderful!
乙:太棒了!
6.colleague n. 同事,同行
A: How are you getting along with your colleagues?
甲:你和同事的关系怎么样?
B: We are on good terms.
乙:我们处得不错。
7.competent a. 适任的,有能力的
A: Margaret is a competent secretary even though she can't remember phone numbers.
甲:玛格丽特是个称职的秘书,只是她记不住电话号码。
B: I agree, and I'm going to tale her to the hest Chinese restaurant in Chinatown for lunch on Secretary Day.
乙:我也这样认为,秘书节那夭我准备带她去唐人街最好的中式餐馆吃饭。
8.convenient a. 方便的,有空的
A: When will it be convenient for you?
甲:您什么时候方便?
B: You might come over some afternoon between three and five, if that suits you.
乙:要是您方便的话,您可以在某个下午的三点到五点之间过来。
9.fire v. 解雇
A: You're fired. I've warned you several times not to be late, but you turned a deaf ear to it.
甲:你被解雇了。我已经警告你多次不要再迟到了,可你却当耳旁风。
B: But today,…er… my bike broke on my way here.
乙:可今天,……呃……我的自行车在来这儿的路上坏了。
10.handsome a. 可观的,漂亮的
A: Do you have a satisfactory salary?
甲:你的工资令人满意吗?
B: No, people usually don't get a handsome salary for an average job as a clerk.
乙:不,作为职员的人通常是不会有令人满意的工资的。
11.laid-off 下岗的
A: Why are you so worried?
甲:你为什么愁容满面?
B: I've been laid-off, and don't know what to do next.
乙:我下岗了,不知该怎么办才好。
12.memo n. 备忘录
A: Will you be available this afternoon?
甲:今天下午你有空吗?
B: Let me check with my memo,…sorry, today's all filled up.
乙:让我看看备忘录,……对不起,今天已排满了。
13.office management 办公室的管理人员
A: Are you familiar with the office management?
甲:你熟悉办公室的管理人员吗?
B: Yeah, I have worked with them before.
乙:是的,我以前和他们共事过。
14.overtime ad. 加班加点
A: It's not good to ask the workers to work overtime, is it?
甲:叫工人加班加点工作不太好,对吗?
B: But nobody complained about it.
乙:可并没有人为此而抱怨。
n. 超时
A: Will you do overtime tonight?
甲:你今晚要加班吗?
B: I'm not going to do overtime tonight, but I've to talk with our boss about my salary.
I've been doing twa persons' job for this month.
乙:我今晚不打算加班,可我得和我们老板谈一谈我的薪水问题。这个月我一直是做两个人的工作。
15.professional a. 职业的
A: I'm a professional basketball player in Yugoslavia.
甲:我在南斯拉夫是一个职业篮球运动员。
B: You must feel tired since you have to be active everyday.
乙:你肯定感觉很累,因为你们每天都得活动。
16.raise n. 增加工资
A: I got a $100-a-month raise last month.
甲:我上个月工资增加了100美元。
B: Congratulations!
乙:恭喜!恭喜!
17.resume n. 简历
A: May I have your resume, please?
甲:我可以看看你的简历吗?
B: Yes, I need a job that ran give full play to my skills.
乙:可以的,我需要一份能发挥我特长的工作。
18.retire v. 退休
A: Have you heard what he will he doing after he retires?
甲:你听说他退休后打算干什么吗?
B: He has talked a lot about traveling around the world.
乙:他谈了好多有关他要周游全球的事。
19.schedule n. 日程
A: May I see him today?
甲:能让我今天和他见面吗?
B: Sorry,he has a full schedule.
乙:对不起,他今天的日程表已经排满了。
20.shift n. 轮班,侧班
A: Is it easy far you to adjust from day shift to night shift?
甲:对你来说从白班到夜班容易调整吗?
B: No, but I' m accustomed to it.
乙:不容易,可我已经适应了。
21.starting salary 初始工资
A: You' l1 have a starting salary of $2,700 per month.
甲:你的初始工资为每月2700美元。
B: I'll take the job.
乙:我接这份工作了。
22.training n. 培训
A: We need to know whether you have the special training.
甲:我们想知道你是不是接受过专门的训练。
B: Actually, I received it when I was at college.
乙:事实上,我上大学的时候就接受了这种训练。
23.anion n. 工会
A: Our union will be striking for higher wages.
甲:我们工会打算罢工来争取更高的工资。
B: gut your wages are much higher than ours.
乙:可你们的工资已经比我们的高多了。