Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.Amen Pass 美国通行票
A: I'm interested in taking a bus tour of America. Do you have some kind of program that would allow me to do that at a good price?
甲:我很想坐汽车游览美国。你们有没有什么项目可以使我少花钱进行这样的旅游呢?
B: Yes, we do. It is called Ameri Pass.
乙:有的。这个项目叫“美国通行票”。
2.combined a. 联合的
A: How would you like it to be transported?
甲:你们想怎么运输?
B: We think it necessary to move the container by way of combined transportation.
乙:我们认为联运集装箱很有必要。
3.delay v. 耽搁,延误
A: Why can't we find the departure time for our Flight on the monitor?
甲:我们为什么在屏幕上找不到离港时间呢?
B: It was just announced that Flight 736 had been delayed because of air traffic.
乙:刚刚通知过,736航班因空中交通情况而误点了。
4.destination n. 目的地
A: Could you please tell me where I should get off?
甲:你能告诉我在哪儿下车吗?
B: Sure. What's your destination, please?
乙:当然。请问你到哪儿?
5.direct flight 直航
A: I'd like to book one seat to Kansas City on a flight leaving sometime before next Friday.
甲:我想订一张下周五前某个时间去堪萨斯城的机票。
B: There aren't any direct flights, sir. You'll have to change in San Francisco.
乙:先生,没有去那儿的直航。必须在旧金山转机。
6.fare n. 车票(费)
A: Can I get to Cambridge University on this bus?
甲:这辆公共汽车到剑桥大学吗?
B: Yes, get in, Sir. Your fare, please.
乙:到,上来吧,先生。请出示票。
7.freight a. 货物
A: Who will hear the freight charges?
甲:谁负担运费?
B: Freight for shipment from Dalian to Shanghai is to he charged to your account.
乙:从大连到上海的运费由贵方负担。
8.layover n. 中途稍作停留
A: How long is the layover in Korea?
甲:在韩国停留多久?
B: It's only one hour.
乙:仅仅一个小时。
9.luggage n. 行李
A: Ah, here's our Luggage, all safe and sound on the luggage racks. I didn't even have a chance to tip the porter.
甲:啊,我们的行李就安然无恙地在行李架上。我都没有机会付小费。
B: That's not done here in China. Like the waiters in hotels and restaurants, porters don't expect tips.
乙:在中国是不用付小费的。像旅店、饭店的服务员以及行李工都不收小费的。
10.luggage compartment (飞机或火车上的)行李舱(车)
A: They will put my checked suitcases and bags in the luggage compartment on the plane and I can't get at them until I arrive at my final destination.
甲:他们会把检查过的行李箱和旅行袋放在行李舱内,在到达目的地之前是拿不出来的。
B: So, you should carry with you a handbag for your immediate necessities, such as cosmetics.
乙:因此,你要带一个手提包放你的化妆品之类的必需品。
11.non-stop n. 直达
A: There is a train at 5 a.m. It'll get you there at 10 a. m. But there are many slaps along the way.
甲:有一次早上五点的车。在上午十点到。但沿路有许多站点。
B: And I have to get up very early too. Are there any non-stops to San Francisco?
乙:而且我还得早起。有没有直达列车?
12.taxi service 出租车服务
A: Is this the taxi service center? I need a taxi.
甲:这是出租车服务中心吗?我需要一辆出租车。
B: Just a moment, ma'am. The taxi will he coming soon.
乙:等一会儿,夫人。出租车马上就来。
13.traffic n. 交通
A: Will you give me a ride to the nearest hotel?
甲:送我到最近的宾馆好吗?
B: No problem, but the traffic might be heavy now.
乙:没问题,但是这个时候车辆可能很多。
14.traffic jam 交通阻塞
A: How can we avoid a traffic jam?
甲:我们怎样避开塞车呢?
B: There's no way out. This is the only way to your destination.
乙:没办法。到你的去处就这一条路。
15.tram n. 有轨电车
A: Is this the right bus for the Shangri-La Hotel?
甲:这是去香格里拉大饭店的公共汽车吗?
B: Oh,no. You should take Tram No. 12.
乙:噢,不是。你应该乘12路有轨电车。
16.transport 运输
A: Transport by sea is the most important mode of transportation in the World today.
甲:海运是目前世界上最重要的一种运输方式。
B: Usually, it is cheaper to have goods sent by sea than by railway.
乙:通常,海运比铁路运输便宜。