商务英语口语教程 第04课 Receiving visitors
教程:BEC口语  浏览:942  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Unit 4 接受访问

    KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o' clock, don' t you, Jenny?

    凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?

    JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It' s an important meeting, isn' t it?

    詹妮.罗斯:是的,我知道。这次会议很重要,是吗?

    KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren' t they? .[slaid]

    [slaɪd]

    vt. & vi.

    滑动; 滑行

    She slid along the ice.

    她沿着冰面滑行。

    n

    幻灯片

    凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?

    JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.

    詹妮.罗斯:是的,准备好了。

    KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven' t you? ['mɔnitə] 监视器, 监听器; 检测器

    凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?

    JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.

    詹妮.罗斯:是的, 凯特,我已经检查过了。

    KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.

    凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。

    DON BRADLEY: Good morning!

    堂.布拉德利:早上好!

    JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.

    詹妮.罗斯:你好, 堂。

    DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?

    堂.布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?

    JENNY ROSS: I think so.

    詹妮.罗斯:我想是的。

    KATE MCKENNA: Don, I' m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?

    凯特.麦凯纳:堂, 我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。我们能谈谈吗?

    ****

    MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.

    酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。

    CLIVE HARRIS: It' s a pleasure. Don' t mention it. .[,prezən'teiʃən]n表演

    克莱夫.哈里斯:乐意效劳。没什么的。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?

    克莱夫.哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?

    MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It' s fine.

    酒井先生:是的, 谢谢。很好。

    CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。

    Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.

    谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。

    MR. SAKAI: It' s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.

    酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。

    I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems. .['brɪtn]n.不列颠,英国

    我很高兴来英国。并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。

    CLIVE HARRIS: It' s kind of you to say so.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。

    We' ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile. .[,wə:θ'wail] adj.值得的, 值钱的, 有价值的

    我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。

    DON BRADLEY: You' re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o' clock about the display unit design.

    .[dis'plei]n.陈列, 展览

    堂.布拉德利:你12点钟要见菲尔•沃森,商谈展品的设计。

    Do you understand the problem?

    你明白有什么问题了?

    EDWARD GREEN: No, I don' t.

    爱德华.格林:不,没有。

    DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs.

    堂.布拉德利:这些是设计初稿。

    Choosing the right colour is very important.

    选择正确的颜色是很重要的。

    EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?

    爱德华.格林:不好意思,能解释一下你的意思吗?

    DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.

    堂.布拉德利:哦,我们需要不同的颜色。

    EDWARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?

    爱德华.格林:啊,你是说要更深的颜色吗?

    DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do.

    堂.布拉德利:是的。

    This display unit must make an impact.

    这件展品必须给人眼前一亮的感觉。

    It' s very important.

    这很重要。

    It must look right for the launch.

    它必须要适合本次的发布。

    It must look exciting.

    必须令人心动。

    EDWARD GREEN: I understand.

    爱德华.格林:我明白了。

    DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure that Phil understands.

    堂.布拉德利:对了,一定要让菲尔明白。

    Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...

    另外,“大老板”的照片还要大些……

    ****

    CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren' t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.

    .[i'fiʃənt]adj.有能力的, 率高的

    克莱夫.哈里斯:我们公司尽管不是很大……,但办事效率却是很高的。

    MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?

    酒井先生:你们公司有多少员工?

    CLIVE HARRIS: About seven hundred full-time.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:有约700名全职员。

    But we take on casual staff when we need them. ['kæʒjuəl]临时的, 不定期的

    但有需要时我们也会雇临时工。

    Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?

    酒井先生,要不要再来些咖啡?

    MR. SAKAI: No, thank you. And, please, call me Kazo.

    酒井先生:不, 谢谢。请还是叫我加须吧。

    CLIVE HARRIS: And you must call me Clive.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:那你就叫我克莱夫。

    So, shall we have a look around?

    那么,我们四处参观一下?

    MR. SAKAI: That would be very nice.

    酒井先生:那太好了。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Then perhaps we could have some lunch.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:之后,我们可以一起吃午餐。

    午餐后,我的几名高级经理会给你做场演示。

    And then after lunch some of my senior managers will make a presentation to you.

    .[,prezən'teiʃən]n.表演

    Would you like to leave your coat and briefcase here?

    你要不要把外套和公文包放在这里?

    MR. SAKAI: Thank you.

    酒井先生:谢谢。

    CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:这是我们的销售和市场营销部。

    你还没见过凯特.麦凯纳吧?

    I don' t think you have met Kate Mckenna.

    她是我们的销售主管。

    She is Head of Sales.

    KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?

    凯特.麦凯纳:你好!

    MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.

    酒井先生:加须.酒井,这是我的卡片。

    KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.

    凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。

    CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:这位是堂.布拉德利。

    DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.

    堂.布拉德利:你好, 酒井先生。我们在电话上交谈过。

    MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.

    酒井先生:你好, 布拉德利先生。你是美国人。

    And what part of America are you from?

    美国哪个地方?

    DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?

    堂.布拉德利:洛杉矶。不过我在英国已经住来年了。我喜欢……/啊。我参观过 ……

    MR. SAKAI: I' m sorry.

    酒井先生:对不起。

    DON BRADLEY: No, please,after you.

    堂.布拉德利:不,你先请。

    MR. SAKAI: I have been to Los Angeles two or three times.

    酒井先生:我曾经去过洛杉矶两、三次。

    It' s an interesting city.

    是个有趣的城市。

    Well, I hope we have a chance to talk again.

    希望有机会我们再聊。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, you' ll be seeing Don at the presentation this afternoon.

    克莱夫.哈里斯: 好,你会在今天下午的演示上见到堂。

    MR. SAKAI: I look forward to that.

    酒井先生:好期望啊。

    ****

    PHIL WATSON: Edward?

    菲尔.沃森:爱德华

    EDWARD GREEN: Yes.

    爱德华.格林:是的。

    PHIL WATSON: Hi, Edward.

    菲尔.沃森:你好, 爱德华。

    EDWARD GREEN: Hello.

    爱德华.格林: 你好。

    PHIL WATSON: Phil Watson. Good to meet you.

    菲尔.沃森:菲尔.沃森。遇见你很高兴。

    Have you been waiting long?

    等了很久了吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: Not really.

    爱德华.格林:不久。

    PHIL WATSON: Sorry, I was delayed.

    菲尔.沃森:对不起,我被耽误了。

    Shall we get straight down to business?

    我们就开门见山开始谈生意?

    EDWARD GREEN: Why not?

    爱德华.格林:好啊。

    PHIL WATSON: Follow me.

    菲尔.沃森:跟我来。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, let me introduce you to Mr. Sakai from Detmore Systems.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我来给你介绍Detmore系统公司的酒井先生。

    Mr. Sakai, can I present Derek Jones?

    酒井先生,我来介绍德里克•琼斯可以吗?

    Derek is our Development Manager.

    德里克是我们研发部经理。

    DEREK JONES: It' s very nice to meet you, Mr. Sakai.

    德里克.琼斯:很高兴见到你, 酒井先生。

    MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Jones. I' m sorry to interrupt your work.

    酒井先生:你好, 琼斯先生。对不起打断了你的工作

    DEREK JONES: Not at all. I like meeting visitors.

    德里克.琼斯:没有--我喜欢会见访客。

    You' re very welcome. Please make yourself at home.

    很欢迎你来。请随意。

    MR. SAKAI: So this is the development workshop?

    酒井先生:这里就是研发车间吗?

    DEREK JONES; Most of our products start here and this is our latest product, Big Boss.

    德里克.琼斯:我们大部分产品从这里开始研发,这是最新产品, "大老板"。

    MR. SAKAI: Ah, yes.

    酒井先生:啊,是啊。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, we think Big Boss will be very successful.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:我们认为"大老板"这款产品将会很成功的。

    MR. SAKAI: And what does he do?

    酒井先生:他可以做什么?

    CLIVE HARRIS: Say hello.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:说“你好”。

    BIG BOSS: (IN JAPANESE) Hello, Mr. Sakai. Welcome to Bibury Systems.

    “大老板”:(日语) 你好, 酒井先生。欢迎光临Bibury系统公司。

    MR. SAKAI: Ah, he speaks Japanese.

    酒井先生:啊,他说的是日语。

    DEREK JONES: He also listens.

    德里克.琼斯:他还会听呢!

    And by changing the chip he understands and speaks any language.

    .[tʃɪp]n.集成电路片vt. & vi.

    通过更换晶片,它可以说任何一种语言。

    BIG BOSS: How are you fixed for lunch?

    “大老板”:你午餐是怎么安排的?

    MR. SAKAI: Thank you, but I have another engagement.

    酒井先生:谢谢, 但是我有约了。

    BIG BOSS: Okay, another time, maybe.

    “大老板”:好的,或者下次吧。

    ****

    PHIL WATSON: So, you say you want stronger colours. What about this?

    菲尔.沃森:你说想要更深的颜色。这个怎么样?

    EDWARD GREEN; I' m not sure about this one, are you?

    爱德华.格林:这种颜色,我不确定,你呢?

    PHIL.WATSON: No.

    菲尔.沃森:不。

    EDWARD GREEN: Could we have these two colours?

    爱德华.格林:我们可以要这两种颜色吗?

    PHIL WATSON: Yes, but those two colours together?

    菲尔.沃森:可以,但是两种颜色一起吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: Ah right.

    爱德华.格林:啊,对啊。

    ****

    CLIVE HARRIS: So, what kind of food do you like?

    克莱夫.哈里斯:那,你喜欢什么菜?

    Italian? Or there is a very good French restaurant close to the office.

    意大利菜?或者办公室附近就有一家法国餐馆。

    MR. SAKAI: Whatever you recommend.

    酒井先生:随便吧。

    I like eating all kinds of food.

    我对所有的菜都喜欢。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Then let' s go to the French restaurant.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:那我们就去法国餐馆。

    Geraldine, please confirm lunch for two at Rene' s and cancel the other reservations.

    .['kænsəl]v取消, 废除.[,rɛzɚ'veʃən]n.保留的座位[住处]等; 预订

    杰拉尔丁, 确认一下在雷内餐馆两个人的午餐,其他地方的预订取消。

    GERALDINE: Okay, Mr. Harris.

    杰拉尔丁:好的, 哈里斯先生。

    Hello. I' m calling from Bibury Systems.

    你好。我是Bibury系统公司的。

    I' d like to confirm our reservation for two people at 12.30 please.

    我想确认一下12:30的两个人的订餐。

    The name is Harris.

    名字是哈里斯。

    Thanks a lot. Goodbye.

    多谢。再见。

    CLIVE HARRIS: By the way, are you free this evening?

    克莱夫.哈里斯:顺便问一下,你晚上有空吗?

    MR. SAKAI: Yes, I am.

    酒井先生:是的,有。

    CLIVE HARRIS: My wife and I are going to the theatre this evening.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:我和太太今晚要去影院看电影。

    Would you like to join us?

    想不想和我们一起去?

    MR. SAKAI: That' s very kind, but no thank you.

    酒井先生:非常感谢, 但我还是不去了。

    I love going to the theatre, but travelling makes me very tired.

    我是喜欢看电影,但旅途颠簸的我太累了。

    Tonight I must sleep.

    今晚我一定要好好睡一觉。

    CLIVE HARRIS: Geraldine, we' ll be back for 1.45.

    克莱夫.哈里斯:杰拉尔丁, 我们1:45回来。

    MR. SAKAI: I must tell you Clive, Big Boss made me smile.

    酒井先生:克莱夫, 我一定要告诉你,“大老板” 使我眉开眼笑。

    0/0
      上一篇:商务英语口语教程 第03课 Making appointment 下一篇:商务英语口语教程 第05课 Describing your company's products

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程