双语畅销书|《这不是告别》第五十四章
教程:经典读吧  浏览:246  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

      《这不是告别》作为全美媒体和读者的年度之选,一出版就迅速横扫《纽约时报》畅销书榜长达45周,席卷全球三十多国。故事讲述了一头红发、穿着肥大男款衬衫的Eleanor,与沉默寡言、沉迷于音乐和漫画世界的Park之间的故事。

    Eleanor was reading the map for him, but she'd never read a map outside of class before -- and between the two of them they kept making wrong turns.

    埃莉诺帮他看地图,但是除了课堂上,她没机会看地图。就这样,两人不断走错路。

    # Park #

    #帕克#

    He was more nervous about his driving once they got into the city. Driving in St Paul was nothing like driving in Omaha.

    进入市区后,他有点紧张,毕竟在这里开车不像在奥马哈。

    He tried to look down at her, but he was afraid he'd miss his turn again.

    他想转头看她,又担心再次错过转弯。

    "You mean you want to talk to them by yourself?"

    “你想单独和他们说话?”

    She pressed her hand into the top of his leg.

    她压了压帕克的大腿。

    "I don't want you to come inside when we get there."

    “到了之后,你不要进来。”

    "I've been thinking…" she said.

    她说:“我在想…”

    "Yeah?"

    “什么?”

    "No… Well, yeah. But I mean… I don't want you to wait for me."

    “不…呃,是的。我的意思是,你不要等我了。”

    "I'm sorry," Eleanor kept saying.

    埃莉诺不住地说对不起。

    "What?" he said. "No. What if they don't want you to stay?"

    “什么?不行。如果他们不收留你呢?”

    "But…" I'm not ready for you to stop being my problem.

    “可是…我还不能接受,不能接受你不再是我的问题。”

    "It's okay," Park said, glad she was sitting right next to him. "I'm not in any hurry."

    帕克说:“没关系的。我一点也不急。”他很高兴埃莉诺能紧挨在他身边。

    "It makes more sense, Park. If you leave soon, you can still get home by dark."

    “这样比较合理。你早点往回走,天黑前就能到家。”

    "Then they can figure out how to get me home -- I'll be their problem. Maybe that'll give me more time to talk to them about everything."

    “那他们会想办法送我回家,我不会成为你的问题。或许他们愿意花更多的时间听我解释。”

    0/0
      上一篇:双语畅销书|《这不是告别》第五十三章 下一篇:双语畅销书|《这不是告别》第五十五章

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)