中文
65.Restaurant
1.Could you follow me,please? 请跟我来!
2.Have you decided on something,sir? 先生,你觉得要吃什么了吗?
3.Would you like to order now? 你现在想点菜吗?
4.And what to follow? 下一道菜呢?
5.Anything to drink? 要喝什么?
6.How about the dessert? 甜点要什么?
7.May I suggest a gold carp soup? 我建议来一道鲫鱼汤。
8.How do you like your coffee? 你觉得你喝的咖啡怎么样?
Dialogue One
A:Would you care to order now,sir?
先生,你想现在点菜吗?
B:Yes.I think we're ready.Janet?
是的。我想我们已经准备好了,珍妮特。
C:Yes.I'll have the baked salmon.
是的。我要烤大马哈鱼。
A:Very good.And what kind of potatoes would you like with that?
非常好。你要配哪种马铃薯?
C:Boiled,please.
请给我煮的。
A:Vegetable?
蔬菜呢?
C:Broccoli...Oh,no.Sorry.I think I'd rather have asparagus.
花椰菜。噢,不。对不起。我想我宁愿要芦笋。
A:The asparagus.Yes,ma'am .Soup or salad?
芦笋。是的,女士。要汤还是沙拉?
C:Salad.
沙拉。
A:And what kind of dressing would you like on that:Russian cheese,or French?
你要哪种调料:俄罗斯奶酪还是法式奶酪?
C:I'll take the Russian cheese.
我要俄罗斯奶酪。
A:And what would you like to drink?
你想要什么饮料?
C:Coffee,but I'll have that later.
咖啡,但是我稍后才喝。
A:Very good,ma'am.And you ,sir?
非常好,女士。先生,你呢?
B:I'd like the veal cutlet.
我要小牛排。
A:I'm sorry,sir,but we're all out of the veal cutlet.
对不起,先生,我们的小牛排卖光了。
B:Oh,I see.Well,bring me the steak then.
噢,我知道了。额,那个我牛排吧。
A:Yes,sir.And how would you like that?
是的,先生。你要几分熟?
Dialogue Two
A:Are you ready to order,sir?
先生,你准备好点餐了吗?
B:Yes.Can you show me the menu,please?
是的。请给我看一下菜单好吗?
A:Of course.Here you are.
当然可以。给你。
B:Then,what's special tonight?
那么,今晚的特色菜是什么?
A:Our seafood is fresh.I recommend shrimp with garlic.
我们的海鲜很新鲜。我推荐大蒜鲜虾。
B:All right.We'll have some seafood and vegetables.
好的。我们要一些海鲜和蔬菜。
Dialogue Three
A:Please show me the menu,Miss.
小姐,请给我看一下菜单。
B:Of course.Here you are.Can I take your order now?
当然。给你。我可以为你点菜了吗?
A:Yes.I'd like an Italian soup to start with and then some fried noodles.
是的。首先,我要意大利汤,接着是油炸面。
B:All right.Can I serve you anything else?
好的。你要其它东西吗?
A:Yes,I'd like another cup of coffee afterwards.Make it hot,please.
是的,然后我要另一杯咖啡。要热的。
B:You've got it ,sir.
清楚了,先生。
生财之道
John and his wife had a small restaurant near a station.The restaurant often stayed open until the early hours of the morning,because people came to drink there while they were waiting for buses.
约翰和他的妻子在车站附近开了一家小餐馆。餐馆经常营业到凌晨,因为人们可以边等公车边来餐馆喝东西。
At two o'clock,one morning , a man was still sitting at a table in the small restaurant.He was asleep.John's wife wanted to go to bed.She looked into the restaurant several times,and each time the man was still there.Then at last she went to her husband and said to him,"You've woken that man six times now,but he isn't drinking anything.Why haven't you sent him away?It's very late."
一天凌晨两点钟,一个男人还坐在小餐馆的桌子旁。他睡着了。约翰的妻子想去睡觉。她看了餐馆很多次,每次都看到那个男人还在那里。最后,他去他丈夫那里,对他说:“你已经叫醒那个男人六次了,但是没喝什么。你为什么不送他走?现在很晚了。”
"Oh,no,I don't want to send him away," answered her husband with a smile,"you see,when I wake him up,he asks for his bill,and when I bring it to him he pays for it.Then he goes back to sleep again."
“噢,不,我不想送他走,”她的丈夫微笑着回答,“你看,当我叫醒他时,他要买单,当我把账单给他,他付钱了。然后他有睡着了。”
Restaurant
1.A table for four. 我们要一张四人的台。
2.Could we see the menu,please? 我们可以看一下账单吗?
3.What have you got? 你们有什么菜?
4.What's today's special? 今天的特色菜是什么?
5.Bring me two beers,please. 请给我两瓶啤酒。
6.I prefer seafood. 我更喜欢海鲜。
7.This coffee's too strong. 这咖啡太浓了。
8.Can I have the bill,please? 请结账。
9.Give me the bill,please. 请买单。
10.It's my round. 今天我请客。
Dialogue One
A:What would you like to have ,sir?
先生,你想要什么?
B:I'm not sure.What would you recommend?
我还不确定。你有什么推荐的?
A:Wll,our barbecued chicken is very popullar.Would you like to have a try?
额,我们的烤鸡肉非常受欢迎。你想试一下吗?
B:It sounds inviting. I'll take that.
听起来很吸引人。我要那个。
A:All right,sir.Do you still want some vegetables?
好的,先生。你还需要一些蔬菜吗?
B:Yes,please.Thank you.
是的,请给我一些。谢谢你。
(after the meal) (进餐之后)
B:Did you enjoy the food?
你喜欢这些食物吗?
C:Yes,I enjoyed it very much.
是的,我非常喜欢。
B:I'm glad you liked it.Miss,I'll have the bill ,please.
你喜欢我很高兴。小姐,我要买单了。
C:Oh,no,please.Let's split the check.That's fair.
噢,请不要。账单我们一起分摊吧。那样才公平。
B:All right,if you insist.
好的,如果你坚持的话。
Dialogue Two
A:Could I have some fish?
我可以要一些鱼吗?
B:Certainly.And what vegetables would you like?
当然。你要什么蔬菜?
A:Oh,spinach,I think.
噢,菠菜,我想。
B:Fine,And what about something to drink?
好的。要喝什么呢?
A:Just a beer,please.
请来一杯啤酒。
B:Good.Thank you.sir.
好的。谢谢你,先生。
(a few moments later) (几分钟之后)
A:Would you like to have some more beer?
你还要多来一些啤酒吗?
B:No,thanks. I 've had enough.I'll have my bill,please.
不,谢谢。我已经饱了。请结账。
A:Of course.Please wait a moment.I'll go and get it.
当然。请稍等。我去拿账单。
B:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Dialogue Three
A:Good evening,madam,good evening ,sir.
晚上好,女士,晚上好,先生。
B:&C:Good evening.
晚上好。
A:A table for two?
一张双人台?
B&C:Yes,please.
是的。
A:Can I take your order now?
现在我可以为你们点菜了吗?
B:Well,we don't know very much about Indian food...er can you help us?
好的。我们队印度菜了解不多…额,你可以帮我们吗?
A:Certainly!
当然可以!
B:Well,what's this curry like?
额,这种咖喱食品怎么样?
聪明的食客
A french student went to London for his holiday.He thought:"I know a little English.I think people can understand me".
一名法国学生去伦敦度假。他认为:“我懂一点英语。我想人们能明白我说什么的。”
One day he went to a restaurant and sat down at the table.He wanted to have a cup of tea and some eggs.Soon the waiter came up to him and asked,"Can I help you,sir?"
一天他进去一家餐馆,坐在桌子旁边。他想要喝杯茶、吃些鸡蛋。服务生很快来到他身边问他:“我可以帮你吗?”
"A cup of tea and ...."he could not remember the English word for eggs.He looked around him,but nobody was eating eggs.Then he saw a magazine on the table next to him.There was a picture of a cock on its cover.He showed the picture to the waiter."What's the English for this?"he asked."A cock,sir,"answered the waiter."What do you call a cock's wife?"was the next question."A hen,sir"."And what do you call a hen's children?""Chicks,sir.""And what do you call chicks before they're born?""Eggs,sir.""very well,"said the French student,"Bring me two eggs ,two eggs and a cup of tea,please."And he sat back with a smile on his face.
“一杯茶和…”他忘了鸡蛋英语怎么说了。他看看周围,但是没有吃鸡蛋。然后他看到他隔壁桌子上面有一本杂志。杂志的封面有一张公鸡的图片。他把图片给服务生看。“这个用英语怎么说?”他问。“公鸡,先生”服务生答道。“公鸡的老婆叫什么?”是下一个问他。“母鸡,先生”。“你们怎么称呼母鸡的孩子?”“小鸡,先生。”“小鸡在出生之前叫什么?”“鸡蛋,先生。”“非常好,”法国学生说,“给我两个鸡蛋,两个鸡蛋和一杯茶。”然后他脸上带着微笑坐回座位。