brother
[名 词] 兄弟, 男性的亲属, 同伴.
At first I took him for your brother.
刚开始我还以為他是你的哥哥 (或弟弟) 呢!
At the party the other night, my brother drank a bit too much and passed out.
聚会的那晚我哥 (或弟) 喝多了酒并且醉倒了.
case
[名 词] 事实, 实例, 箱, 壳, 案件, 诉讼.
Chances are few in any case.
不管在哪种情况下机会都很微小.
[动 词] 把 … 装入箱子(或容器)中, (窃盗前)事先察看(房子等). (过去式与过去分词為 cased)
They will case the bottles and ship them out.
他们将把瓶子装箱然后运出去.
chicken
[名 词] (小)鸡, 小鸟, 鸡肉, (俚语)胆小鬼. (复数為 chickens)
Which do you like better, chicken or fish?
你比较喜欢哪一个, 鸡还是鱼?
[动 词] 做事如胆小鬼.
He chickened out on me.
他胆小而不守信用 (他不遵守跟我的约定).
[形容词] 鸡肉的, 胆小的.
child
[名 词] 小孩, 儿童, 子女.
You must keep an eye on the child.
你务必要看顾好那个小孩.
A child is crying somewhere.
有个小孩在某处哭.
children
[名 词] 小孩, 儿童, 子女. (child 的复数)
He can't work when there are children running around in the house.
当有小孩子们在屋子裡跑来跑去他就无法工作.
You should be a good example to your children.
你应该要当你孩子的好榜样.