1.过去分词也可在某些动词后构成复合结构(作宾语补语):
I've recently had my appendix removed.
我最近割了盲肠。
We'11 get her X-rayed.
我们将让她去透视一下。
I've heard him criticized many times.
我听见他受过多次批评。
The scents made her drunk.
这些香味让她陶醉。
I felt a great weight taken off my mind.
我感到心头轻松了许多。
He found the door closed.
他发现门关上了。
Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open.
少说话多观察。(谚)
Rarely had I seen him so worked up.
我很少看到他这样激动过。
I should like this matter settled immediately
我愿这件事立即解决。
He wanted his eggs fried.
他想吃煎鸡蛋。
这类句子间或也可变为被动结构:
One of the glasses was found broken.
有只玻璃杯被发现破了。
They should be kept informed of what is going on here.
应让他们经常知道这里的情况。
2.have和get两个词后常可跟这种结构,多表示让别人做某事:
I've had the stove lighted.
我已(让人)把炉子生好了。
Have this note sent to Mrs.Patterson.
把这条子送给派特逊大人。
I must get the curtains washed.
我得找人把窗帘洗一洗。
I'm trying to get it published.
我正设法请人出版它。
有时表示遭遇到的情况:
He had his pocket picked.
他遭到扒手扒窃。
The pilot had his plane hijacked.
飞行员遭遇劫机。
He has got his wrist broken.
他的手腕骨折了。
You've got me all muddled up.
你把我都弄糊涂了。
有时自己也可能参与这个动作:
Last month I had a hundred dollars saved.
上个月我存了一百美元。
Did you get the picture finished all right?
你把画画好了吗?
Robbie said he’d have all his affairs wound up in a couple of days
罗毕说他将在一两天内结束他的事务。
I can't get the car started.
这辆车我起动不了。