第二十三章 省略句 复合句中的省略及练习题
教程:张道真简明英语语法  浏览:1200  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
      张道真简明英语语法第二十三章省略句(198).复合句中的省略

      1 .许多状语从句可以有词省略,特别是在when , while , though , if , as if ( though ) ,等后面,省略的词多为它的主语和动词be :

      Look out for cars when crossing the street .

      过街时注意车辆。

      She talked while preparing their supper .

      她一面做饭一面谈着。

      Though not large , the room was light and airy .

      房间虽不大,却很亮堂,粗气清新。

      If necessary , I'll have the letter duplicated .

      如果必要我将把信复印一份。

      She hurriedly left the room as if ( though ) angry ?

      她匆匆离开了房间,好像生气了的样子。

      This viewpoint , however understandable , is wrong .

      这种观点,不管多么可以理解,都是错误的。

      Whenever known , such facts should be reported .

      这类情况一旦发现,就应当报告。

      Fill in the blanks with articles where ( ever ) necessary .

      在簌格中填入必要的冠词。

      2 .在比较从句中,几乎经常会有字词省略:

      Many Others are doing better than we are .

      有很多人比我们干得好。

      They were heavier than he had expected ,

      它们比他预料的重。

      Water was important to us as oxygen .

      水对我们像氧气一样重要。

      Working hard as usual , I expect .

      还是和平时那样勤奋,我想。

      3 .复合句中还有些其他成分可以省略:

      Anything you want to take with you ?

      有什么东西要带吗?

      Sorry , the line is busy .

      对不起,占线了。

      Hope you'll like it .

      希望你会喜欢。

      We'll certainly help you if we can .

      要是可能我们一定会帮助你。

      I won't disturb you again unless I have to .

      除非不得己我将不再来打扰你。

      The sooner , the better .

      越快越好。

      ------------------------------------------------------

      Exercises (练习)

      练习一:在下面句子中的省略从句下划线

      1 . When taken according to the directions , the drug has no side effects .

      2 . Though reduced in numbers, they gained infighting capacity.

      3 . Often she would weep when alone .

      4 . While in London Lenin studied the English labour movement .

      5 . He would never do this unless compelled.

      6 . I will return them as soon as possible .

      8 . He glanced about as if in search of something .

      9 . lf possible , I should like to have two copies of it .

      练习二:将下面英语句子翻译成中文:

      1 . Nothing more you want to say ?

      1 . 没有什么别的话要说了?

      2 . Too bad you can't join us in the celebration .

      2 . 很遗憾你不能来参加我们的庆祝。

      3 . Don't know what they'll do next .

      3 .不知道他们下步怎么办

      4 . If he doesn't want to stay in bed, we'd better not force him to.

      4 .如果他不想待在床上,最好别勉强他。

      5 . Her opinion, whether right or wrong, should be considered.

      5 .她的意见不管对还是错应当考虑。

      6 . We'll get everything ready tomorrow if not earlier.

      6 .明天我们把一切准备好,如果不更早的话。

      7 . I'll do all I can to help them .

      7 .我要竭尽全力帮助他。

    0/0
      上一篇:第二十三章 省略句 日常对话简单句中的省略句 下一篇:第二十三章 省略句 并列句中的省略及练习题

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程