当我从大学毕业的时候...
...and for three years I tried to fill in the universities.
...我用了三年的时间去弥补在大学里的缺失。
So I applied for jobs 30 times and got rejected.
我求职了30次,然后被拒绝了。
I went for the police.
我想考警察。
They said, "No, you're not good."
他们说,“不行,你不够格。”
I went even to KFC.
我甚至申请去肯德基工作。
When KFC came to China, came to my city,...
当肯德基进入中国,进入我的城市...
You applied?
你申请了?
...twenty-four people went for the job.
...24个人应聘这个工作。
Twenty-three people were accepted.
23个人都通过了。
I was the one guy.
我就是其中那一个剩下的。
And we went for the police.
然后我们想考警察。
Five people, four of them got accepted.
5个人,4个人接收了。
I was the only guy who did not receive it.
我就是那个没有被接收的。
So to me, being turned down, rejected...
对于我而言,被排斥,被拒绝...
Oh by the way, I told you that I applied for Harvard ten times.
另外,我跟你说过申请进入哈佛大学十次。
Rejected.
被拒了。
I know I'll be rejected, I just wanna say that.
我就知道我会被拒绝,我就这么说而已。
They're sorry now.
他们现在肯定后悔了。
Ten times you wrote them and said, "I'd like to come to Harvard."
你跟他们说了十次“我想申请来哈佛。”
Yeah.
是的。
And then I told myself, "Someday I should go teach there maybe."
然后我就告诉我自己,“也许总有一天我会去那里教书。”